Glaber's Ban and anything Sandwichface related ig

Now THERE'S the million dollar question. I love this question, because when you ask it, all of the shit the dude tries to stir up becomes exposed for what it is.

Gotta quote this post from earlier just to show how silly this all is.

So who is "nu-stjr" anyways? Hmm!
Well, as someone who actually knows and speaks to these people (they're my friends) as opposed to making spicy YouTube videos about people I don't know, I think we need to talk about who old-stjr was, first.

Here are the people who did the brunt of the work on SRB2 2.2.
You know, the version of the game that most people here have grown up with by now.

- toaster (HUGE amounts of code and game design. Took a very active role in 2.2's development and saw it to the finish line. Also sprited Tails!)
- TehRealSalt (basically toaster's right hand. Tons of coding support, jack of all trades!)
- tape (They made RVZ1! Those sweet new badniks? That was this lovable artist & musician!)
- Boinciel (DSZ2? He built this!)
- Nev3r (DSZ1? ACZ1? That's his work. Nev3r is an amazing level designer, and a coder as well.)
- fickle (ACZ2? Yeah, she made that! She also added slopes to the game!)
- sphere (CEZ2? Yep, he made one of the coolest levels to ever exist in SRB2. It really raised the bar!)
- MotorRoach (Thank him for those hot new character sprites!)
- MonsterIestyn (Bugfixing! Code cleanup! He was the OG Fang creator too! What a helpful dude!)
- LJ (A lot of the sweet modding support in srb2 comes from him!)
- Lactozilla (Jimmy Neutron??? He's an engine wizard. People go "that could never happen in this engine" and he makes it happen!)
- VAdaPEGA (Sprites! Fonts! Touchups and textures!)
- MascaraSnake (Zonebuilder exists in the form it does because this guy took it upon himself to carry the tools forward.)
- Clairebun (She's the reason we have the crazy polished 2.2 OST!)
- Shane (Likewise, he put some serious work into the soundtrack!)
- SeventhSentinel (He did music, but he also did level support too!)
- Mazmazz (Controller support and a whole host of other engine-level improvements!)

Notice a few things here?
13 out of 17 of these devs are still on Sonic Team Junior.
8 out of 17 of these devs were SRB2Kart & Ring Racers developers.
7 out of 17 of these devs are actually from WELL before 2.2, some go decades back. Even more are oldbies in general.

This is the ACTUAL TEAM that carried development of SRB2 2.2, the game that you all know and love. Know their names and give them the cred they've earned.

Who is "nu-stjr?" It's the same developers who were on old-stjr.

It's the same people who made 2.2.
It's the same fuckin' people.
Don't take the bait: "nu-stjr" does not exist.

Anyone who says otherwise is just making shit up.

View attachment 119357

Please cut the "nu-stjr" stuff out. All it does is show you don't even know who made the game you play. In fact, stop regurgitating stuff you only learned from some guy on YouTube, period.

Cosigning and highlighting this entire post.

Hi, I don't really make my presence actively known in the community these days, but I was a full-fledged member of STJr and active face of development between early 2015 and mid 2018, and continued doing sometimes intense behind-the-scenes work both to push the game to release and give some postlaunch support.

I don't like tooting my own horn, because EVERYTHING in this world is a collaboration and auteurs are fake, but there is a staggering amount of my donated time, effort, and energy in the 5-year difference between SRB2's 2.1 and 2.2 releases and it would be dishonest to pretend otherwise.

I stepped back from being public-facing in 2018 because of harassment, legitimised by Mystic's vocal, public arguments that he would not, and did not want anyone else to, moderate this, and Rob and Prime*'s failure to respond to this in a sane way. (Which is why I'm glad to see the back of them, but that is quite literally another topic.) But I did return to working on the game on the side because I believed in the project that had survived two decades, and I believed in the community that sheperded it before I joined and would ideally sheperd it long after I was gone - and it brings me great joy that this was correct. I've described SRB2 as one of the great glimmering jewels of the Sonic fanwork scene, and it is a source of pride to have contributed to it.

I personally didn't continue to work as part of/alongside Sonic Team Junior because I'd achieved everything I was looking for with SRB2 2.2: I was a link in the chain of a truly amazing legacy project, and made my mark on it. But I am one of the few who didn't continue - many of the fantastic and prolific people who I collaborated with, and those who I have strong confidence in their creative potential, are stewarding the project as we speak. They are more than capable of taking the projects to new heights, and I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labour.

In my specific case, I brought the intensity of my energy to Kart Krew Dev, and the "Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers" project. Many of that team had also busted their asses to make SRB2 2.2 the best it could be, and those who hadn't are incredible and impressive on their own merits. I am beyond proud of those who I worked with and what we did together. Public response has been intense, but we made exactly the game we wanted to.

So yeah. While people have been added to both teams, the people that did the actual hard work of building 2.2 are still around in one way or another. Nobody who's expressed hatred for Krew or the present state of STJr are honouring us with this basically meaningless distinction.

*fun side note. Prime once told me that he'd been personally modifying other people's posts on the message board to "fix their capitalisation". I think that's pretty emblematic of the caliber of material he brought to the table.

I've been reading this thread since the start, anyone know how Sandwichface is doing? I have a comment posted on his YouTube post from when he got banned that links to here and expresses concern for his mental wellbeing. If he's still going at it with disparaging STJr, I think someone needs to expose him (No harassment though)...
I think the last thing we need is a callout video on Sandwichface. The big struggle is already over, he is banned, and not much more needs to be said about that. While it's true that his videos paint a biased and very misrepresented picture of the state of Kart and Vanilla SRB2 (I recently had to pull a friend who did not have any experience with the core SRB2 community aside after he shared a Sandwichface video taking everything he had said at face value, which goes to show just how impressionable his audience can be despite his obvious shortcomings), he has already stated that he does not want to work on SRB2 content anymore, so that should not be an issue. Interestingly, I recall him saying he had halted plans for all future videos after the ban outside of the unscripted Ring Racers review, but in trying to find the screencap of his roadmap I noticed that this, along with the fake charyb screencap and rob screencap posts, were seemingly wiped from his community tab. Curious. :worry:

1715866915285.png

So, ultimately, I do not think this is an issue that we as a community need to be concerning ourselves with. I am hoping that, at the very least, Sandwichface has the foresight to realize that him dealing with the SRB2 community is a waste of time and energy for all parties involved and he actually commits to his pivot towards other content. An SRB2ber-turned-Ultraman channel is an untapped niche in the youtube space.

How old are you that you think people just don’t need money? Have you ever paid rent before? Ever had to put food on the table for your family? Ever paid electric bills? Taxes? Medical bills? Putting gas in your car? Who paid for the device that you’re using to browse these forums and complain about a fan game?

People need money to survive. It would be nice if that wasn’t the case, and everyone could just quit their jobs and work 24/7 on free fangames, but sadly we don’t live in that world.
I wasn't going to come back to this thread until I found this comment in my notifications

I never said "You don't need money", I said "You don't need money to listen to your community"

I am well aware that people need money to survive 💀

I do think it is good for devs to listen to feedback from people playing their game, free or not. The difference of course is that people getting upset over a free game is far more absurd in my eyes than getting upset over something you've paid hard actual cash for. There was a large amount of absurdly hostile comments on the week 1 release of people getting very mad at how the devs made the game how they like it and has really soured my willingness to seek out people's thoughts on the game personally due to knowing how hard the devs both for RR and SRB2 work on the game alongside addon makers in general.

I do think it is good for devs to listen to feedback from people playing their game, free or not. The difference of course is that people getting upset over a free game is far more absurd in my eyes than getting upset over something you've paid hard actual cash for. There was a large amount of absurdly hostile comments on the week 1 release of people getting very mad at how the devs made the game how they like it and has really soured my willingness to seek out people's thoughts on the game personally due to knowing how hard the devs both for RR and SRB2 work on the game alongside addon makers in general.
The hostility didn't come from the fact that they devs made the game how they wanted, it came because the devs made the game how they wanted despite the community constantly telling them otherwise.

Put yourself their shoes, you barely get any previews and have 0 knowledge of this game is actually going to be like, and the things you get shown are pretty questionable

You complain, just to get told to “wait and see”, and when you finally get to see, despite the backlash even before launch, its nothing like the game you actually liked.

I'm not much of a srb2kart fan, I barely play it. But if I didn't then I'd be a bit more then annoyed at the state ring racers released in. Neglecting your fans is the worst way to treat them.

Last edited:
though what even is there to talk about anymore
i think everything that could be talked about has been talked about, any later posts will probably just be regurgitating whats been already said
Post automatically merged:

either way, to not just needlessly bump the thread ill give my two cents and be completely blunt
ive never known much about glaber, we never talked much but i think he deserves a second chance, he seemed cool
and (despite me being in his server, might risk burning some bridges) i honestly think sandwich has had a fair few "main character syndrome" moments these past few days, but its nice to see him move on from srb2 and go on to the things he enjoys most.
i wanna check out what new ultraman/godzilla/whatever related content he has in store for the near future, and hopefully his channel doesnt violently flop because of a change in content.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 8, Members: 3, Guests: 5)

Back