Mod characters and the New Record attack system

Maverick

Level Designer, Smart Bastard
So 2.2.13... it exists...
and it sucks.
So how did the old system work?
the old system allowed removal and isolation of mod chars. and further added mods (this would disable adding more RA data but would be fine if it's added before a level pack.
you can't do any of this anymore.
instead, the game will throw a fit and whine about it.
here is gameplay of Deton before I add a curve shader.
and here is me attempting to use replay afterwards.
it makes Record data a pain in the ass to get as I have to load the same characters in the same order regardless of if I don't like playing as them anymore.
I like playing the vanilla game as chars like Deton and Kris but not at the cost of the game being highly strict about mod placement.
insert an outro because I'm done.

and it sucks.
the old system allowed removal and isolation of mod chars. and further added mods (this would disable adding more RA data but would be fine if it's added before a level pack.
it makes Record data a pain in the ass to get as I have to load the same characters in the same order regardless of if I don't like playing as them anymore.
I like playing the vanilla game as chars like Deton and Kris but not at the cost of the game being highly strict about mod placement.
This also happens in v2.2.12, but that's really odd.

and it sucks.
That's kinda just how Doom engine works.... it's very picky about what order mods load in.
Ideally replays would work the way kart handles them, which is it loads the required mods in the proper order upon attempting to boot the replay

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back