My Server has completely stopped working

So... I have Srb2 port fowarded through windows defender firewall and its worked perfectly for quite a while... but all of a sudden right now its NOT working, I do not have any clue what triggered this but now I can't open a server...
Post automatically merged:

WHAT!?

Attachments

• Screenshot (936).png
    Screenshot (936).png
    73.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot (938).png
    Screenshot (938).png
    42.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
So... I have Srb2 port fowarded through windows defender firewall and its worked perfectly for quite a while... but all of a sudden right now its NOT working, I do not have any clue what triggered this but now I can't open a server...
Okay, there's a few things that could be happening here. But first of all, hiding your IP address is pointless if you're hosting on the Master Server, as it will display your IP for all to see.

Specifically, you are getting a "No Route to Host" error, which indicates something is wrong with your network specifically. From what I can find online, this could be due to a problem with the IP. Your ISP may have given you a new public IPv4, or your computer may have a new local IPv4. Alternatively, your ISP's rules regarding portforwarding may have changed, or your router settings may now be different and blocking incoming connections.

I should also note that we usually do not portforward via the firewall, and the only time I've seen someone else try that for SRB2 ended in failure, although I know it is possible. Here is the method we usually use: https://www.jameds.org/portforward/

Post automatically merged:

WHAT!?
the fact that this used to work indicates that something has changed, and there are so many reasons to this. to list a few:

• as dylan asked, have you ip changed? chances are that your ip lease expired and you now have a different ip, so double-check that just to make sure.
  • do you also have a global ipv6 address? more and more isps are rolling out cg-nat in response to ipv4 address exhaustion, which completely blocks any chances of hosting on ipv4. in that case, you need to use ipv6 instead, but the steps are different since there's no nat and thus no port-forwarding but instead just firewall configuration on both your router and system (this differs based on the model of your router, so do your research!).
  • try using a traceroute service to make sure you don't have routing issues on ppp level. if it fails midway (ie you don't see your global ip address), chances are your isp is having issues and you should report that to your isp so they can take a look.

these are things i can think of on the top of my head, but if you have any more info, please post it since the more info we get, the easier it is to pinpoint the issue.

Oh Actually I forgot to mention its fixed, my Router had updated, before now I could play without port forwarding the router just by port forwarding via Windows Defender Firewall so I had to actually port forward the router

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back