Ring Racers Custom Characters Sprite Sheet Confusion

Bifiankin

Dear SRB2(K) community & Message Board

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be talking about Robotnik's Ring Racers, as this was the forum linked to the download page of RR, however, there wasn't a subsection for RR like SRB2K had. regardless, I'm interested about making my own characters to put in Ring Racers, but the sprite sheet in the game files to make the character has no indication of what sprite is what eg. hurt, normal etc. if anyone could give me directions on what sprite is what, or is able to rip an actual sprite sheet from one of the game's current characters in the PK3 files, that would be really helpful.
Thanks
Bifiankin
sprites.png

standard.png

Here's a better reference. Was sent to me by MotorRoach, though I don't know who the original creator is.

Great! Thank you so much! Is there anything I need to do with the bottom 2 rows? Are they just placeholders?
Post automatically merged:

Oh and just one other thing, is there a certain colour palette I need to use for the RGB colours in game? Is it the shade of green that Tails is in this reference. So anything I want to be colour change-able, I need to colour it as that green?

Thanks,
Oliver.

Last edited:
Great! Thank you so much! Is there anything I need to do with the bottom 2 rows? Are they just placeholders?
Post automatically merged:

Oh and just one other thing, is there a certain colour palette I need to use for the RGB colours in game? Is it the shade of green that Tails is in this reference. So anything I want to be colour change-able, I need to colour it as that green?

Thanks,
Oliver.
The answer's "yes" to both of those.

I have one question, for the sign post sprite you need a whole sign post or just the image that goes on it?

I have one question, for the sign post sprite you need a whole sign post or just the image that goes on it?
IMG_2855.png

For the sign, it’s only the image inside, however you might be able to edit the sign itself, since the sprite is transparent, such as that in my attempt of drawing this yesterday, your character can pop out of the sign a bit. Hope this helps!

From what I see, the death animation when your character gets blown off your kart looks to have two frames (but I might be wrong).

I do know there's an unlockable character that has this quirk, but I don't wanna spoil the character in particular.

From what I see, the death animation when your character gets blown off your kart looks to have two frames (but I might be wrong).

I do know there's an unlockable character that has this quirk, but I don't wanna spoil the character in particular.
From what I saw in gameplay. When your character explodes, the first
1714501958056.png

Frame is the impact frame. The frame you see the second your character gets crushed or is about to explode.

The 2nd frame flips left and right, once your character is yeeted out of thier kart. Which, makes my sprite a bit janky. I used the default base example folder, the asymmetrical one and the other 2 might have different properties, plus it was the easiest since I don’t know how to code properly. I think with some coding knowledge, you could display multiple frames of the explosion animation.

Also I think lets keep the thread spoiler free. Just because, well. There’s still a lot I haven’t discovered plus this thread is getting traffic from other users. :)

Also also, when using addon characters, their statistics are kept like the base characters in the records menu. So thats cool. Plus I could set my addon character as my default profile character as long as I loaded the addon prior to going to the character selection screen.
IMG_2860.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back