Sonic and the Gunslinger

Sonic and the Gunslinger 2023-10-29

metalharbor

metalharbor submitted a new resource:

Sonic and the Gunslinger - A western-styled game inspired by the storybook series

Howdy pardner. I'm Fang...Fang the Sniper. I'm a bounty hunter, and I happen to have
found myself in this here book of Wild West frontier myths.

Right now, I'm heading into town to meet my least favorite client.
It's been a long journey and there's more ahead.

Want to come with? Course you do. Saddle up.

🞜🞜🞜

"Sonic and the Gunslinger" is a SRB2 mod inspired by the Sonic storybook games and with a Wild West theme.

The game was originally submitted to SAGE 2023 and...​

Read more about this resource...

I can't use this on Android, how do I do this with out breaking the game?
The only pk3 you really need is in the zip file under GunslingerHome/srb2/addons//SCL_SonicAndTheGunslinger_V1.pk3

If you're using character models, you might want to have the Rouge model installed
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/jeck-jims-2-2-3d-models.27566/

You'll need to have OpenGL mode on.

I'd also suggest turning on the camera gravity flip and reducing draw distance a bit.

Make sure you have the SPIN, JUMP, and CUSTOM 3 buttons bound. There are in-game help boxes but those are for keyboard and mouse, so expect that.

I vaguely remember someone having issues with save files on Android. However the game is completely linear so you can just enter MAPXX in the terminal if saving doesn't work.

FINALLY this is on the MB
i kinda doubt this would get much popularity if it was only on SAGE so good on you

yo! it was me who wrote that sage review wanting it to be easier to run in vanilla, so it's cool that it's here. anyway, other than the easier playability in vanilla, are there any changes in this release?

yo! it was me who wrote that sage review wanting it to be easier to run in vanilla, so it's cool that it's here. anyway, other than the easier playability in vanilla, are there any changes in this release?
No major changes.

However, the WADs have been combined courtesy of @Pikaspoop and the folder structures are a bit different ... everything seems to be working the same but it is possible I have missed something.
Post automatically merged:

By the way, if anyone wants to adapt these levels to single, any-character releases, feel free.

There are some levels that are not a good candidate for this because they are built around certain abilities, but any Sonic level should be workable with just a few changes. I have had some trouble getting the software renderer to work in larger levels though.

Back