Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0

[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0 2.0.17

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Rule 8: No spam. Do not make pointless topics, one-liners, polls, or forum games.
hi! i'm back on sonic robo blast 2

I heard recently that a version of SRB2 from February 2000 —pre-dating SAGE 2000— was unearthed, and it'll be released soon. I hope its levels get added to SRB2 The Past, but a Discord user said that the mod already has the maximum amount of stages. Is that true?

edit: No, there's certainly more space. Nevermind. Even more space will be coming in a future 2.2.x release, or so I hope.

a Discord user said that the mod already has the maximum amount of stages. Is that true?
The mod (currently) uses the maximum amount of map slots. That will soon change, though. Yes, i DID read your edit, but i made the post anyway.:worry:

Ok, so, i just recently started playing srb2 the past, and I like it a lot! But for some reason when I try to jump in the pool in castle eggman 1.09.4 to get the pandora's box, nothing happens. I got the 8 chaos emerald, so I don't know why it doesn't work. Plus I can't get to the old museum, and I beat all of metals challenge, history clash, and all boss rushes. Help please

you have the 8 chaos emerald? could you clear up your grammar please? The way you said it makes it hard to figure out if you have the 8th emerald or all 8 emeralds.

There's an 8th emerald?
There was an eigth emerald back in the Final Demo era, which allowed Sonic to go into his Hyper Form (ALA Sonic 3 & Knuckles). The process is the same across that version AND this mod, where you had to encounter RedXVI in the GFZ1 House before the first checkpoint (with all 7 emeralds), complete the secret Final Demo RVZ, and countinue the game normally until you get to GFZ2. There, you must find the secret house, which is the same location of the Nature Emblem in current GFZ2, then find the picnic place on the spawning area.

There was an eigth emerald back in the Final Demo era, which allowed Sonic to go into his Hyper Form (ALA Sonic 3 & Knuckles). The process is the same across that version AND this mod, where you had to encounter RedXVI in the GFZ1 House before the first checkpoint (with all 7 emeralds), complete the secret Final Demo RVZ, and countinue the game normally until you get to GFZ2. There, you must find the secret house, which is the same location of the Nature Emblem in current GFZ2, then find the picnic place on the spawning area.
there should be a pool thing with red xvi but I just couldnt find it.
do you know where that is?
Post automatically merged:

there should be a pool thing with red xvi but I just couldnt find it.
do you know where that is?
oh I found it. btw you put some great lore when making this mod glabber

Last edited:
oh I found it. btw you put some great lore when making this mod glabber
What lore? The story of this mod is relatively simple. You just break into the museum without permission and go through this old levels to finish the adventure. It is a similliar fashion to Mania, though this its SRB2 variation.

If you meant by RedXVI, he wasn't a newcomer. He was always here, in some way, shape, or form. He wasn't made for this mod. In fact, every secret in this mod is not developer's imagination. It is the history that the community should learn about.

What lore? The story of this mod is relatively simple. You just break into the museum without permission and go through this old levels to finish the adventure. It is a similliar fashion to Mania, though this its SRB2 variation.

If you meant by RedXVI, he wasn't a newcomer. He was always here, in some way, shape, or form. He wasn't made for this mod. In fact, every secret in this mod is not developer's imagination. It is the history that the community should learn about.
dude. metals challange and grand ending exists. and glaber mentions that he know that he is in an addon when you beat metal in erz2. he calls you player and talks about levels.

dude. metals challange and grand ending exists. and glaber mentions that he know that he is in an addon when you beat metal in erz2. he calls you player and talks about levels.
Than that would be Fourth Wall Breaking
Also, that is a self-insert, not a specific lore.

Than that would be Fourth Wall Breaking
Also, that is a self-insert, not a specific lore.
then explain the old museum that you enter through the vent

look at this

does the gif show up to you? it doesnt show up to me

Last edited:
To be fair, NPC's calling you "Player" is more of a thing for not knowing the player's name, accounting for multiple players, and not having a Name variable to reference.

To be fair, NPC's calling you "Player" is more of a thing for not knowing the player's name, accounting for multiple players, and not having a Name variable to reference.
Well yeah but they would call you the character that you are playing currently to avoid people thinking that the NPCs are aware that they are in an addon or the players would think they know how to break the fourth wall. I recommend you to change the NPC AI so they would call you the character that you are playing as. Or maybe you can make them call you as your multiplayer name. If that is possible. (I have no idea how to make addons and things you can do with them.)

Hello Glaber how you are, i hope youre doing great.

I dont know if this is a mistake on your hand, or what it is, but, theres soemthing thats been bugging me for a while, and i cant really put my finger to it..

I got all emblems, like, i did Sonic Doom, ive got Egg Rock, i got all characters, i have obtained all inmap emblems from regular maps, Xmas, and even hidden maps that only show on the statistic when you found the secret way in, heck i even have all Nights mode emblems and awards..

Yet still, there is 5 emblems i cannot find, and i dont know if its a mistake on your hand because you added extra emblems or what, althought there is something strange, i cannot see the old character emblems appear on the statistics, althought i do have them unlocked, from Placeholder to Zim. I dont know if theyre only meant to be seen in the moment.

Back