SRB2: The Boss Fight Guide

SRB2: The Boss Fight Guide

RedSRB2

Designing PolySonic OCs since 2022
RedSRB2 submitted a new resource:

SRB2: The Boss Fight Guide - Its B-B-Boss Fight Time!

----------------Introduction-------------
Oh,hello there!
Few months ago,i did the guide on how to use 3D Models on Android port of SRB2. So,this time,its all about bosses. With this guide,Dr.Eggman wont even stand a chance against you! Lets get started!

---------------Before the fight----------
-Every boss in this game has a pinch mode,where the boss gets way more stronger with its attacks.Remember that when you hit him 5 times,the boss gets furious and stronger,so be careful!
- This guide...

Read more about this resource...

By the way,this guide took me only 1 hour and half because i had to research some tips and tricks,as well as how many hit points a certain boss has.

Either way,im proud that this guide came to Releases without any problem whatsoever. Wish you have happy holidays,and remember,an update to my first guide is on January 5th!

This is a good guide but i dont think some stuff is true. Metal Sonic has a laser ball attack and when he charges the pattern is seen and when he shoots you can predict how he will shoot. And in brak eggman bossfight i think the boxes dont destroy. You could also go in detail about different patterns in last 2 bosses (metal and brak)

This is a good guide but i dont think some stuff is true. Metal Sonic has a laser ball attack and when he charges the pattern is seen and when he shoots you can predict how he will shoot. And in brak eggman bossfight i think the boxes dont destroy. You could also go in detail about different patterns in last 2 bosses (metal and brak)
I see,gonna make that change later today.

RedSRB2 updated SRB2: The Boss Fight Guide with a new update entry:

Black Core's Guide Fix

By request of Buggie The Bug,the Black Core part of the guide has been updated. Here is what is diffrent in this update:

-Metal's Laser Ball is now renamed to Energy Ball
-The pattern of Metal's Energy Balls has been explained (thanks for SRB2Wiki!)
-Brak Eggman's attack patterns are also explained in details instead of just their names
-minor spelling mistakes that i did during writing the guide for the first version are fixed
-added a new thing you must know Before The Fight...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Let me know if there are any other things that i shuld change or add!

Last edited:
The boss in Greenflower is literally called the Egg Mobile, not the Lasermobile.
The boss in Castle Eggman is called the Egg Colosseum, not the Egg Spikeboulder, although in v2.1 it was called Eggscalibur.
And the boss in Deep Sea is called the Sea Egg, not the Aqua Clonemobile.

SRB2SuperSonic up there is right.

For reference, the official names for all of the bosses are as follows:
GFZ: Most places refer to it as just the Egg Mobile, but the files refer to it as the Egg Zapper.
THZ: Egg Slimer, which is correctly listed in the guide.
DSZ: Sea Egg
CEZ: Egg Colosseum
ACZ: who else - Fang The Sniper
BCZ1-2: Metal Sonic, also obvious
BCZ3: Black Eggman (official) / Brak Eggman (common nickname) / Metal Robotnik (OVA English translation)

SRB2SuperSonic up there is right.

For reference, the official names for all of the bosses are as follows:
GFZ: Most places refer to it as just the Egg Mobile, but the files refer to it as the Egg Zapper.
THZ: Egg Slimer, which is correctly listed in the guide.
DSZ: Sea Egg
CEZ: Egg Colosseum
ACZ: who else - Fang The Sniper
BCZ1-2: Metal Sonic, also obvious
BCZ3: Black Eggman (official) / Brak Eggman (common nickname) / Metal Robotnik (OVA English translation)
I see,sorry for those mistakes. Perhaps my guide is falling down the succes road a bit,even if i tried really hard to make it. :(

Name Fixing

Well,i was quite dissapointed that people still do have problems,and none of them said to keep making good stuff up,since im a busy man and i have to do lots of stuff irl,so this is the final update for now.For every problem,im gonna read through them all and sort them up for an update coming the same day as the update for 3D Model guide: January 5th.

Anyways,here are the patch notes:
-Lasermobile is renamed to Egg Laser
-Aqua Clonemobile is renamed to Sea Egg
-Egg Spikeboulder is renamed...

Really dawg?
The guide was perfect
And you call yourself an amateur?
Go out there and do some work im sure as hell your guides will be perfect for newcomers :blink::knuxsmug:
Thanks for support,man!

I called myself an "amateur" 'cus im not a proffesional guide maker,but i might be in the future.I needs some motivation,as im a betatester for Retro Pack mod thats coming as soon as possible (and thats means im really busy).

I might make a new update,though,or even make a new one exclusively for NIGHTS stages or a guide for those out there who just dowmloaded SRB2 and need some basic tips to become good at it.

Thanks for support,man!

I called myself an "amateur" 'cus im not a proffesional guide maker,but i might be in the future.I needs some motivation,as im a betatester for Retro Pack mod thats coming as soon as possible (and thats means im really busy).

I might make a new update,though,or even make a new one exclusively for NIGHTS stages or a guide for those out there who just dowmloaded SRB2 and need some basic tips to become good at it.
Just because you're professional that doesn't mean you can harm yourself with words!
Anyways ik im being cringe but please change it!
I mean it's your decision but actually take care of yourself anyways im kinda being off topic but yeah still
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for support,man!

I don't really like people calling themselves names
Well i do call myself names because they're true anyways we're kinda getting off-topic this is not a drama show after all🤣

Last edited:

Grammatiacal Fixes Update

It's been a while, isn't it? Looking back at this guide and many comments of my account throughout 2022 AND 2023, my writing was so horrible that now i just laugh at it. This update should fix many, many of the grammatical mistakes i did, which (sorta?) gives them my modern 2024 RedSRB2 writing treatment.

But really, this is it for the update. Stay safe and wish you the best in this new year!

two tips: for greenflower boss, if your fast enough in pinch mode, you can attack him before he fires 3 times. and for egg rock 2, you can attack metal at least 3 times in first phase before he attack if you don't get pushed to backward so i recomend slowing down before attacking him.

two tips: for greenflower boss, if your fast enough in pinch mode, you can attack him before he fires 3 times. and for egg rock 2, you can attack metal at least 3 times in first phase before he attack if you don't get pushed to backward so i recomend slowing down before attacking him.
Thank you for the tips! I will be sure to put this in the next update (Also, it is Black Core, not Egg Rock, as ERZ doesn't have a boss in the game currently. However, devs restored the unused ERZ3 boss as a mod, and that was official, so i might be covering that too.)

Just something i want to say about the DSZ boss, in the pinch mode, after the electric barrier (which is shot by the real eggman btw), the real eggman will shoot his missiles before the clones do, and then the clones shoot their missiles, might be wrong about the missiles tho.

Just something i want to say about the DSZ boss, in the pinch mode, after the electric barrier (which is shot by the real eggman btw), the real eggman will shoot his missiles before the clones do, and then the clones shoot their missiles, might be wrong about the missiles tho.
This has been explained in a bit smaller detail, where it was stated that the real Eggman does the electric barrier, and the clones don't. Clones also shoot missiles, too.

Hello, folks!
Using the system of Text Positioning, the FINAL update to this guide is live now!!
Every text in the guide, outside of Spoilers, is now re-positioned, and it includes a new ending line for each, too! And of course, more grammatical mistakes have been ironed out.​

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back