what is the funniest glitch you did in a video game

i can't really explain the glitch with words so... here's a video of it lol

In angry birds (the classic 2009 game), when i launched the mighty eagle sardine can backwards, it plays the eagle sound, but it causes the whole level intensely rumble alot and it was a very loud earthquake and the pigs were launched to space! I laughed so hard when i found it! (not my video btw, didn't record myself encountering the glitch)

Not really bug I 'did', but one I was partially responsible for uncovering the root cause of.

Have you ever gotten caught on a slope whilst rolling in the Sonic games, and then you lose all your speed? Well, Sonic 1: South Island Definitive ran into it as a frequent issue with it's pinch phase for the GHZ2 boss, which involves rolling in a half-pipe to get up to Robotnik.

It was enough of an issue that we actually tried to fix it, because you'd ALWAYS get your speed robbed. So, we'd at first think that CD 1995 fixed it, as such, we went to someone who was knowledgeable with that game. Turns out, we were wrong, but the issue was so simple it was funny: Sonic's collision sensors aren't properly moved up when you roll, since your hitbox changes in height when you roll. This would mean that the game would think you were going into a solid wall when you weren't, therefore stopping you. All it took was shifting the collision sensors up when rolling to fix it.

Fun fact.

Every single Sonic game that branches off from the Sonic 1 engine (aka S1, SCD, S2, S3, S&K) has this bug intact. So that's why you can randomly get screwed over by HCZ ramps. :p

in sonic mania plus if found a way to get ray into knuckles’ and mighty’s paths by using the swap system irrationally. i was playing as sonic and ray.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back