• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Character Wad in the works (Beta advailable in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnyku

And, unlike Shadow, it shouldn't take over a year to finish!

Introducing.....

AMY ROSE
srb2amystand.jpg

the only thing is, I wish you could make it so Jump would display the spring animation going up, and fall animation doing down, as that would suit Amy better than the ball, at least I hear I can make it so she doesn't roll...

Edit: I decided to upload my test wad so you people can get an idea of her in action, but due to me deciding to work more with the sprite sheet, I havn't bothered to put many of the animations into the wad, all that is here are the Standing (all directions), Walking and Running (back view), I went with a different concept for her run though, but it'll be so you can only see it when she has the speed shoes, for everything else that I havn't made yet, it's shadow.

http://smidge204.homeftp.net:84/srb2public/amy2.wad

so yeah, that's all for now I guess

It would be so absurdly easy to make Amy's jumping animation use the spring animation instead in the first place that you have no excuse!
... Seriously. Just put in a little if statement where it changes the player's state to ATK1 and you're done.

No, I mean programming-wise.
After all, I'm only good at programming and making really crappy linear maps. :cry: The Jason of all trades, the master of but one.

I think that the color that must change (green shades there) is the body, not the clothes.

Yay for, what looks to be, a cool Amy Wad. The last one (made by Cy-Chan) I saw was crap. *worships Donny.*

But the oldschool Amy fits perfectly with SRB2. I think it's going to look great. But one thing, I don't really know the old Amy that much. Does she really look like a recolored Sonic with front hair and a dress?

Old School Amy was Pink Sonic, Hair, Green Shirt, Orange Skirt and Purple and white shoes (tails' style) with shoelaces

Re: New Character Wad in the works

Donnyku said:
And, unlike Shadow, it shouldn't take over a year to finish!

Introducing.....

AMY ROSE
srb2amystand.jpg

the only thing is, I wish you could make it so Jump would display the spring animation going up, and fall animation doing down, as that would suit Amy better than the ball, at least I hear I can make it so she doesn't roll...

I love you.

I think the other Amy wad was actually made by Shadow and stolen by Cy-Chan and only used in a crappy Xtreme beta that apparently had an autoexec.cfg that added it or something, causing mass netgame inconsistency, because everyone would have Amy added 'cept the host for some reason.

But that's beside the point.

Looks good so far. The only thing that bothers me at the moment is her face. It's too... Sonicy. I can't really explain it. Yeah, I know it's a Sonic edit, but the face seems a bit too... Aggressive. I dunno.

I think the other Amy wad was actually made by Shadow and stolen by Cy-Chan and only used in a crappy Xtreme beta that apparently had an autoexec.cfg that added it or something, causing mass netgame inconsistency, because everyone would have Amy added 'cept the host for some reason.
Wait, Cy released the beta? Can someone link/send it to me?

You could always just replace the spinning with jumping, that's what Zim's sprite does, even if it isn't finished.

That would create awkward moments of when Amy jumps litterally head-first into a robot and destroys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back