Editing Help for my "Lost Jungle Ruins" map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratzean

Hi!
I want help for one of my maps and would ask for ideas!
Some weeks ago I have upload this map, but the map was not OK, because the map have too many repetitions (trees) in the map. And the temple in the map is too big! What can I do, to make the map better?

Here is the link of the first Version: Map-Download

It is very important for me! Please give me tips!

but the map was not OK, because the map have too many repetitions (trees) in the map. And the temple in the map is too big! What can I do, to make the map better?
Well, obviously, you could remove some trees and make the temple smaller.

Thx, this is a idea!/QUOTE]

You said yourself in your first post what the problem was. If there are too much trees... duh, then remove some. That's not exactly a big idea from me. Just logic. I haven't even looked at the level.

Srb2 wiki said:
Don't make your map symmetrical. Symmetrical maps simply do not work in match because of the necessity of placing 6 weapon tiles in distinct areas so the player can always go find the weapon he wants. If the map is symmetrical you'll either end up with multiple weapon tiles providing an excess, or the player will have to guess which spawn is which which can cause issues.

Srb2wiki said:
Make sure your level is the right size. Cramped, small passageways make it hard to run fast and break up the flow that makes Sonic tick. Overly huge maps make the level confusing in Single-Player mode; it will make other players hard to find in Match mode; and it will make the stage drag on forever in Capture the Flag mode.

Srb2 wiki said:
Make sure your level has a proper amount of vertical variation. Overly vertical levels are annoying, whereas overly horizontal levels are boring. Find the right amount of balance to make sure the player has a fun challenge.

Read quotes please. ^w^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back