Encore Mode

[Open Assets] Encore Mode v1.3/v1.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
So when I load this up and get another character the character won't spawn, but I can still switch to the other character. How do I fix this?

I'm not gonna stop asking for this until it happens. I know you said no to making Amy, Fang, and Metal either completely unplayable or at least regular unlockables, but can you at the very least make an alternative version of the level pack that does what I asked? Please?

I'm not gonna stop asking for this until it happens. I know you said no to making Amy, Fang, and Metal either completely unplayable or at least regular unlockables, but can you at the very least make an alternative version of the level pack that does what I asked? Please?
if you're really that desperate to have the unlockable characters locked for your encore mode playthrough, you can use the custom save addon to save your progress with mods enabled. granted, you'll still unlock the other characters after a while, but like the vanilla game this bar you from using them until you unlock them.

if you're really that desperate to have the unlockable characters locked for your encore mode playthrough, you can use the custom save addon to save your progress with mods enabled. granted, you'll still unlock the other characters after a while, but like the vanilla game this bar you from using them until you unlock them.
It does literally nothing. I wanted to load Mighty and Ray after loading Encore Mode AND the Encore Campaign before loading the custom gamedata, Amy, Fang, and Metal are still available. Did I do something wrong, or is the gamedata broken? Because when I load the Custom Game data by itself, Amy, Fang, and Metal are locked, as you'd expect, but not here!
Note that both Encore Mode and the Encore Campaign are being used. I don't bother trying this with other level packs unless it's Mystic Realm Community Edition, but even then all 3 unlockable characters are available from the start, which defeats the whole purpose of the goddamn unlockable characters!

Last edited:
He
Already
Said
NO

Rule 15. See post #50.
He
Already
Said
NO
I know he did. But I was super excited to try this out expecting to have Amy, Fang, and Metal locked for a definitive Mania experience, and you don't even want to know what my reaction was when I found out they were available from the start (Hint: It wasn't pretty, I'll tell ya that much). And all I'm asking for is to make them regular unlockables or disable them completely. At the very least make an alternate version that does that.
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!???

Don't egg on people. See post #50.
I know he did. But I was super excited to try this out expecting to have Amy, Fang, and Metal locked for a definitive Mania experience, and you don't even want to know what my reaction was when I found out they were available from the start (Hint: It wasn't pretty, I'll tell ya that much). And all I'm asking for is to make them regular unlockables or disable them completely. At the very least make an alternate version that does that.
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!???
Mate listen
He already said no and im pretty sure if you ask again the answer will still be no
Got that?

Damn you really dont like takin no as an answer huh
He already said NO
[...] Got that?

Don't egg on people!
Instead of repeatedly saying essentially the same thing and dragging the issue, try to elaborate further in a calm and non-sarcastic manner.
Alternatively, use the report button if you believe a post is breaking a rule or an user is being uncooperative.

[...] I'm a nice guy, and I like sharing ideas to others [...]
(fyi NEVER say those first five words. those instantly disqualify you from nice guy contests.)
I'm not gonna stop asking for this until it happens [...]
[...] IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!???

Mod authors are not bound to follow every person's whim. They can if they're so inclined, but they don't have to.
Unless they explicitly ask for ideas for their own whatever-they're-making, it is generally considered very impolite to butt your way in and offer random ideas repeatedly, even more so when they have already expressed disinterest, and even worse when they only benefit you.

You should've stopped at
Well, is there anyway we can alter that ourselves?

But again, if you're desperate at it and customsave does not satisfy your need for Mania-like gaming, feel free to create your own mod that changes the unlock conditions of the three cast members you want to exile.
It's not hard, by the way. It just takes a bit of time, patience, reading and probably Notepad.

Last edited:
Don't egg on people!
Instead of repeatedly saying essentially the same thing and dragging the issue, try to elaborate further in a calm and non-sarcastic manner.
Alternatively, use the report button if you believe a post is breaking a rule or an user is being uncooperative.

(fyi NEVER say those first five words. those instantly disqualify you from nice guy contests.)

Mod authors are not bound to follow every person's whim. They can if they're so inclined, but they don't have to.
Unless they explicitly ask for ideas for their own whatever-they're-making, it is generally considered very impolite to butt your way in and offer random ideas repeatedly, even more so when they have already expressed disinterest, and even worse when they only benefit you.

You should've stopped at

But again, if you're desperate at it and customsave does not satisfy your need for Mania-like gaming, feel free to create your own mod that changes the unlock conditions of the three cast members you want to exile.
It's not hard, by the way. It just takes a bit of time, patience, reading and probably Notepad.
... Well, I'm sorry for acting like this, I'm normally a calm person. I just saw this and had a fit of anger, but I'm calm now.
But I don't understand how to use the SOC at all. I tried changing stuff around but ended up still having all three unlockables, and both Sonic and the Sonic & Tails combo (which I normally use) are locked. Can someone help me out here? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
If you're MAKING your own SOC file, as I suggested, try looking here. If that doesn't help, or if you need further help, start by making your own thread instead of using someone else's.
If you're EDITING this mod, that's... kind of a bit rude given the author's intentions, don't you think?
1. That didn't help. I'm trying to make 3 of the vanilla characters required to unlock, not make my own character. I'm a mobile user, I doubt I can pull that off.
2. I may have been editing the MAINCFG file this whole time trying to force Amy, Fang, and Metal Sonic as proper unlockables... Apologies for that.

Don't egg on people!

You should've stopped at

Sorry

(*TRIGGERED*)(*takes deep breath*) Well, is there anyway we can alter that ourselves?
go into slade, make a new wad, make three files all named P_SKIN, under each one add a marker called S_END, make sure each file has name = (amy fang or metal, each file needs a different character) than type availability = "some random number like 9349 with out the quotes"

Rule 15 again. Temp banned from thread.
go into slade, make a new wad, make three files all named P_SKIN, under each one add a marker called S_END, make sure each file has name = (amy fang or metal, each file needs a different character) than type availability = "some random number like 9349 with out the quotes"
Yeah, I don't know if that's possible on mobile. Someone is gonna have to create a .wad for me.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back