Final Release? (supershadow.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super mystic sonic

The Golden Blur
After I released Super Shadow 1.09.4 I decided to can the project. However, in May 2007 I decided to revamp the wad. I deleted every existing Super Shadow sprite, and started over. I used the Hyper Mystic Sonic sprites as a base, and started recoloring them. I also added Shadow's head, and modified the spikes a bit to make Super Shadow. It was also my first time I experimented with pillow shading, something that was completely new to me. I also realized the shoes were not really good in previous version, and you look at the shoes most of the time. So this time, I tried to make the shoes as realistic as possible, and it sure did work out well. I'm only not so sure if it works out that well. I mean, in Shadow's normal form he has really lame shoes, and in Super form he has realistic Sonic next gen-styled shoes.

There are also some bugfixes to the sounds. They all made a "tik" sound when the sound started to play. Not anymore, though. Finally, I also dropped those few extra things that were supposed to be an "awesum extra", mainly the instrumental song of live_and_learn that was edited to loop. Sorry, but this has to be extension of the normal Shadow together some bugfixes, not a lousy Super Shadow with a song that plays when he goes super. However, if you liked the song that much, its still downloadable as another wad.

You could say this is SuperShadow1096. But I doubt it. Its probably my last release of Super Shadow, so just call it the final Super Shadow. Yes, that also means my first real completed wad is here. You guys interested in screens? Oh come on, don't be shy. You know you want them!

srb20045xn0.png

Shadow in the normal form. Shows SuperShadow is actually just a extension to the original wad.

srb20046ng3.png

Shadow in Super form. The afterimages show some other sprites too, and that makes it easier for me.

srb20047gk5.png

Shadow doing the NiGHTS normalform bug. The guy who finds out how to do this bug first gets a cookie! For some reason, though, there won't apear a trail behind you, and trying to make a looping crashes the game.

shadv3v7dh8.png
playu3u7kk3.png

Go compare em. Old VS New. See no difference? You must be blind.

Last and least, the download!

MAIN SERVER
MIRROR 1
MIRROR 2
MIRROR 3
MIRROR 4
SUPERFORM MUSIC(wadfile in a zip, of course)

Last file is the instrumental Live and Learn edit that was used as the superform music.

I always thought super shadow should've been redone. Hopefully this is the final version.

...hopefully? A new release can't harm, I'd say. If something can be even better, and you have some time, just make it better. But I don't feel like it.

The super sprites don't look like those normal shadow sprites though, sometimes thats kinda weird. Other then that great job.

I modified the hair to give it more of a Super Shadow feel. Also, because this is a superform, any other kind of shading wouldn't harm it. I tried pillow shading on him for the sake of experimenting, and it didn't end up well. Furthermore, the shoes are more detailed and in SA2B art style. I quess that was a bit risky to do, but I rather have nice sprites with slightly differen't style than sprites with limited visuals.

Super mystic sonic said:
If something can be even better, and you have some time, just make it better. But I don't feel like it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Shadow, being better. I can't laugh at that statement enough! As if he was any good to begin with. Just wow.

I'd like to see you make a character wad that isn't suckish in some way (super forms != Unsuckish)

And if suckish isn't a real word, it is now.

Seriously, you're wasting your time if you actually want some respect for being a good wadder from the experienced users of this community...

It's not actually you that bothers me the most, it's that a lot of people treat you like a damn god :<
And the fixing of recolours
And taking credit for the HMS idea :<

cueball61 said:
I'd like to see you make a character wad that isn't suckish in some way (super forms != Unsuckish)

Seriously, you're wasting your time if you actually want some respect for being a good wadder from the experienced users of this community...

It's not actually you that bothers me the most, it's that a lot of people treat you like a damn god :<

What you're asking for is a perfect character. If I'd make a character that isn't suckish in any way(you can even say: OMG, that pixel is the wrong color. thats suckish), it'd be a perfect character. So far I haven't seen any perfect character yet. SuperShadow is just Shadow with a superform. A friend of mine requested a superform for Shadow. I made that, and nothing more, end of story. You'd actually think I'd make Super Shadow all by myself? I don't give a damn about Shadow. Its just that my friend(He's called Joey, BTW) does, and I do give a damn about my friend.

The reason why some people treat me like a god is because they know my normal personality. Sure, god treatment might be a little too much. But seriously, about every newbie-or higher ranked person that joined my server does hate me that much as you guys do. You guys know only the old me and the naughty me that likes to make pranks. I'm not asking for respect, I'm only asking to stop hating something old. Those times are over, okay? I might still make some pranks now and then, but there is a new me. Just give me a new chance for the new me. I don't want to get rated by my wads. I rather want to get rated by who I am. THIS IS WHO I AM! *shot*

See, that was the part of me that makes dumb pranks.

He's not asking for a perfect character. He's asking for you to stop working with horrid ones. By that, all recolors, and generally badly designed wads. Either made by yourself or by people who can't figure out the simplistic tutorial on SRB2Wiki, which you then make for them. The incessant flow of recolors and bad wads at your hand has annoyed the intelligent half of this community for a long time. Which brings me to point number 2.

We don't dislike you because of these so-called pranks. We dislike you because, as yet, you have not contributed anything positive to the community. All the wads you helped people with would have been better served by telling them to learn how to do them on their own. All your opinions on how the game works is backwards. Look at your contest ratings. They differ so much from that of the average user, it's horrid. You've honestly contributed nothing positive to this community. That's why the intelligent half dislikes you so much.

Super mystic sonic said:
cueball61 said:

What you're asking for is a perfect character. If I'd make a character that isn't suckish in any way(you can even say: OMG, that pixel is the wrong color. thats suckish), it'd be a perfect character. So far I haven't seen any perfect character yet. SuperShadow is just Shadow with a superform. A friend of mine requested a superform for Shadow. I made that, and nothing more, end of story. You'd actually think I'd make Super Shadow all by myself? I don't give a damn about Shadow. Its just that my friend(He's called Joey, BTW) does, and I do give a damn about my friend.

The reason why some people treat me like a god is because they know my normal personality. Sure, god treatment might be a little too much. But seriously, about every newbie-or higher ranked person that joined my server does hate me that much as you guys do. You guys know only the old me and the naughty me that likes to make pranks. I'm not asking for respect, I'm only asking to stop hating something old. Those times are over, okay? I might still make some pranks now and then, but there is a new me. Just give me a new chance for the new me. I don't want to get rated by my wads. I rather want to get rated by who I am. THIS IS WHO I AM! *shot*

See, that was the part of me that makes dumb pranks.

Just because someone asked you to do it, doesn't mean you have to make a big fuss over it and keep making new releases on the forum.

Come back later for an essay on this, I have to be somewhere about something...

<Post Placeholder>

EDIT: And now, what you have been waiting for...

I was not asking for a 'perfect character', or anything along the lines of any sort of character. A character wad does not have to be perfect to be good, Metal Sonic/Knux aren't half bad, because they are complete sprite remakes instead of an edit of the current sprites...

As I said, you really make too big a deal out of your wads, You treat it like it's the SRB to JTE conversion utility, or SRB2 itself. SMS 1.09.5? Uhuh, no thanks, the only reason that thing is popular is because the 'noobs' think it's an "OMG HYPUR SUPA SMS LOLZ!!1!! CANT BEAT ME LOL IM SUPER FAST" type of thing. Go back to the drawing board, try not to include some 'tl;dr' type background story, or even better, no story at all.

Woah, I completely went off topic there, back to Super Shadow, I looked through your post numorous times, and didn't see anything that even slightly resembles credit to good old Donnyku. It is his wad after all...

- Essayball61 out.

Also, I completely agree with everything Darkwarrior just said ^_~

All the wads you helped people with would have been better served by telling them to learn how to do them on their own.

Bouncey, Maurice, Flame Sonic, Camo man, InuYasha, RGXSuperSonic etc. Sure, its pretty easy for them to just let me do it. However, everyone listed there can now make his own wad by himself without my help. After I wad the wads for people, I tell them exactly what I did, and to compare their old own version of their wad with mine. They all know how to wad now. Seriously, people don't have to find out the hard way and get the same result. Give them some slack. BTW, you CAN'T learn it all by reading. You can only really learn how to wad by doing it. Unless most people, I'm not giving them links to sites that only work for those who already know how wad. I'm experimenting with them, and eventually they'll know exactly what to do.

All your opinions on how the game works is backwards. Look at your contest ratings. They differ so much from that of the average user, it's horrid.

I never had a contest rating, consider I never partook in a contest. Unless you made some kinda private contest on IRC.

You've honestly contributed nothing positive to this community. That's why the intelligent half dislikes you so much.

Just give me a new chance for the new me. I don't want to get rated by my wads. I rather want to get rated by who I am.

Again, you're talking about wads. And if you mean by never contributing anything positive never actually helping anyone, then you're wrong. I'll help anyone who shows to me he tries to wad himself, and fails. The problem with most of you is that you can never make a newbie or n00b understand how to make wads, SOCs, or whatever, because you talk too complicated and use numbers thinking the newbie will understand what they mean. You have to understand newbies are differen't from pros. Its like treating a kid thats 9 years old as an adult. Treat newbies as newbies, not like pros.

As I said, you really make too big a deal out of your wads, You treat it like it's the SRB to JTE conversion utility, or SRB2 itself. SMS 1.09.5? Uhuh, no thanks, the only reason that thing is popular is because the 'noobs' think it's an "OMG HYPUR SUPA SMS LOLZ!!1!! CANT BEAT ME LOL IM SUPER FAST" type of thing. Go back to the drawing board, try not to include some 'tl;dr' type background story, or even better, no story at all.

That thing couldn't have been popular because of SMS' overpower. New enemies are added that make the challenge harder enemies with SMS than no enemies with Sonic. I seriously hate it when people complain about wads they never played with.

Super mystic sonic said:
All the wads you helped people with would have been better served by telling them to learn how to do them on their own.

Bouncey, Maurice, Flame Sonic, Camo man, InuYasha, RGXSuperSonic etc. Sure, its pretty easy for them to just let me do it. However, everyone listed there can now make his own wad by himself without my help. After I wad the wads for people, I tell them exactly what I did, and to compare their old own version of their wad with mine. They all know how to wad now. Seriously, people don't have to find out the hard way and get the same result. Give them some slack. BTW, you CAN'T learn it all by reading. You can only really learn how to wad by doing it. Unless most people, I'm not giving them links to sites that only work for those who already know how wad. I'm experimenting with them, and eventually they'll know exactly what to do.

You're very wrong. See, the basic and explicit GUI of XWE and SLumpEd make it so that basically anyone who has basic intelligence can figure it out. Not to mention you ignored the rest of the post stating we're annoyed at the incessant flow of recolors at your hand. Clearly, you're very, very much missing our point. If you were actually helping them, you'd be helping them by telling them to read the Wiki, and to do something more original. Instead, you're overly supportive in what everyone does with everything.

Super mystic sonic said:
All your opinions on how the game works is backwards. Look at your contest ratings. They differ so much from that of the average user, it's horrid.

I never had a contest rating, consider I never partook in a contest. Unless you made some kinda private contest on IRC.

No, your ratings. The scores you give out. You judge good maps and fair maps so horrible, it's pathetic. Look at your reasoning. Look at why yours is so different from the norm.

You've honestly contributed nothing positive to this community. That's why the intelligent half dislikes you so much.

Just give me a new chance for the new me. I don't want to get rated by my wads. I rather want to get rated by who I am.

Super mystic sonic said:
Again, you're talking about wads. And if you mean by never contributing anything positive never actually helping anyone, then you're wrong. I'll help anyone who shows to me he tries to wad himself, and fails. The problem with most of you is that you can never make a newbie or n00b understand how to make wads, SOCs, or whatever, because you talk too complicated and use numbers thinking the newbie will understand what they mean. You have to understand newbies are differen't from pros. Its like treating a kid thats 9 years old as an adult. Treat newbies as newbies, not like pros.

You've pretty much given us an accurate assessment of yourself. I wrote a post that only included your work with wads. Not wrote one exclusively about your wads. And the fact that you ignored that part kind of reaffirms our assessments. Not to mention that contributions go far beyond wads. What have you done to promote other people designing good wads? What have you done to improve the community? Nothing. Instead, you back up the people whose horrible designs need to be reassessed and remade/abolished. You have yet to contribute to people's overall knowledge, outside what's obvious. The menus of XWE and SlumpEd are in and of themselves self-explanatory. There's no reason for you to explain those. You should be teaching them how to make maps correctly, how to design a character without the inherent flaws of a recolor, to be original.

Super mystic sonic said:

That thing couldn't have been popular because of SMS' overpower. New enemies are added that make the challenge harder enemies with SMS than no enemies with Sonic. I seriously hate it when people complain about wads they never played with.

We don't play it due to its very nature. The uncreative, unoriginal recolor it is. You have yet to admit this and make something better and original. Instead, you back up the thing that the people whose respect you're trying to earn hate. On top of that, as stated earlier, you support people making more of these monstrosities.

In conclusion, I believe the fact that you refuse to acknowledge your flaws and improve on yourself only justifies our current assessment of you. You've done nothing to prove we should respect you. Instead, you give us more and more reasons every day as to why we should disrespect you.

DarkWarrior...
SHUT THE HELL UP!

Honestly, you being such a ****head to everyone who makes a recolour won't change a thing. Nobody's forcing you to download them, so don't make a fuss over it.

And furthermore:
DorkWarrior said:
Was a really cold, yet flame-ish, thing to say. You've really crossed the line this time.

Get out of here, NOW! *chases DorkWarrior with a spear*

I know, I never get why people complain, its not like you have to download it.

Now, I do understand where you're coming from, DarkWarrior. You don't want to see recolours littering the forums. But personally, I think that's a stupid thing to think. You're part of a SONIC community, so recolours are inevitable.

Like Super Mystic Sonic did, you both seem to have missed my entire point. I suggest you both reread my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back