GBA to GC help

Matrio

I'm not SMG3!!!
Ok so I somehow figured out how to get the rarest chao in the Sonic adventure games but there is a problem
Screenshot 2023-12-13 181026.png

whenever I try to tranfer it it pops up with this message translating to "The download failed. Please turn off the the Game Boy Advance and start over from the beginning."
1702520214625.png

I will not Say how I got the rom for the disc, this is using emulation not real hardware or even a wii, just a crappy laptop that can run the menus at full speed. I am using VBA for the GBA emu and Dolphin for the disc, I am using an american copy of sonic advance btw idk if it can even work with an american copy so if you can test if a japanese copy of the adventure games work with an american copy of sonic advance please let me know so I can troubleshoot what is wrong.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I've heard that Third party cables on real doesn't work, I wonder if the linking in the emulation is the problem. meaning it's emulation is similar to the third party ones. Idk but pls help.

Edit: it work's with a japanese copy but there is another error, unfortunately My phone was a bit wonky with the photo tranlastion so idk what it means

Here is the image.
Screenshot 2023-12-13 184421.png

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that dolphin is only compatible with MGBA, its a more modern emulator anyway.
nope, vba does work with dolphin, just that there is an error on transfering and idk how to fix it, but maybe i will try mgba idk.

ok so no gba emulator was even needed bc apparently there is one Built in to dolphin, but there is a problem, even though I can transfer without the rom i can't export the rom of the tiny chao garden nor save file, it may be possible if the stupid tiny chao garden didn't have a starter egg. also for some reason the egg doesn't appear in sa2b and the egg is driving me crazy.

ok so no gba emulator was even needed bc apparently there is one Built in to dolphin, but there is a problem, even though I can transfer without the rom i can't export the rom of the tiny chao garden nor save file, it may be possible if the stupid tiny chao garden didn't have a starter egg. also for some reason the egg doesn't appear in sa2b and the egg is driving me crazy.
but hey im at least one step closer to getting the rarest chao in both games.

Edit: ... I GOT IT AJFIRGHSRIHGRIRHBIHTI
sorry just really excited, so turns out there is a regional difference with sonic advance which I thought there wasn't bc you could just change the language in the game, which means that I gotta install the japanese copy on my flash cartridge and test if i can transfer it to the chao garden.

Another edit: turns out american save files work with Japanese ones.

Last edited:
ok so after a lot of troubleshooting there is regional differences between save files bc whenever i try to transfer the chao to my wii with a japanese copy of sonic advance it doesn't pop up, I tried changing the language and renaming the file to the rom name and renaming the .sav to .fla (bc .sav doesn't work with my flash cart) and has worked with 2 chao so far, but it took many attempts for the amy chao and the knuckles chao is still being worked on but idk what is wrong honestly since the save file does work with an american copy, I've even tested it with emulation idk what is wrong...

ok so after a lot of troubleshooting there is regional differences between save files bc whenever i try to transfer the chao to my wii with a japanese copy of sonic advance it doesn't pop up, I tried changing the language and renaming the file to the rom name and renaming the .sav to .fla (bc .sav doesn't work with my flash cart) and has worked with 2 chao so far, but it took many attempts for the amy chao and the knuckles chao is still being worked on but idk what is wrong honestly since the save file does work with an american copy, I've even tested it with emulation idk what is wrong...
hey

no but how did u put the thing under ur name? ya know the thing that says "

A Mario fan, what do you expect?"​

this isn't the right thread for that but ok, just click onto your profile and click preferences, then look for account details on the left, then you will see custom title, then put whatever u want, just don't put anything that can get you banned.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back