Glaber's Ban and anything Sandwichface related ig

Yeah, I've been very prudent about not sharing the contents of that conversation like you asked. You thought it was important so I took it seriously. The fact that we HAVE SPOKEN is not private.

Once again, who are you to criticize anyone for "lying", anyhow? You're the person who posted this, without even verifying it. And a step above simply perpetuating misinfo, you then proceed to tell everyone that it was a post I deleted and that people shouldn't believe me. You're the one who tells lies, don't project on me, mister.
View attachment 118494
That would be the post I deleted because it was misinformation after I figured that out with the help of other people in my server.

I’m going to take a step back and observe the bigger picture here because, while I am upset at how everything is being handled right now, I need to calm down a little and express myself more clearly.

agreement.png

I did send you this agreement that you would have to agree to before we could discuss anything. It may look unusually formal, but this is because I made sure to write it in a way that had absolutely no room for loopholes. And yes, simply speaking about it is covered by "unauthorized use/disclosure". Yet, despite all of that, you still didn’t pay much attention to it and discussed it on at least 2 separate occasions when I deliberately told you not to do so. Claiming you “didn’t send screenshots” isn’t the point, the point is that you said anything about it at all to anyone, a violation of the agreement you accepted. You went behind my back and betrayed the trust I extended to you even after I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, maybe sending you a DM like that wasn’t the best way to handle things, but I stand by my statements about DRRR and Kart Krew. And what I find truly detestable about all of this is how you decided to basically drag this all out and voice your grievances on a forum topic you have literally no stake in after other posters (myself included) were told by a moderator not to go further off topic. Look, I understand that you’re probably upset after being told off like that, but there are probably a thousand different better ways to handle your anger than dragging me even further through the mud and starting a flame war in the same thread. You can literally DM people right here on the SRB2MB, had you messaged me there and been respectful and honest about how you felt I’d be far more willing to apologize and patch things up.

But it’s too late for that now because this is the path you chose. Your responses don’t give me the impression that you want to resolve any problems or give me any reasons to forgive you. You want to spite me, brush these issues under the rug, and make me more upset.

Please, consider the advice I’ve given you. Maybe you can see where I’m coming from with this.

That would be the post I deleted because it was misinformation after I figured that out with the help of other people in my server.

I’m going to take a step back and observe the bigger picture here because, while I am upset at how everything is being handled right now, I need to calm down a little and express myself more clearly.

View attachment 118505
I did send you this agreement that you would have to agree to before we could discuss anything. It may look unusually formal, but this is because I made sure to write it in a way that had absolutely no room for loopholes. And yes, simply speaking about it is covered by "unauthorized use/disclosure". Yet, despite all of that, you still didn’t pay much attention to it and discussed it on at least 2 separate occasions when I deliberately told you not to do so. Claiming you “didn’t send screenshots” isn’t the point, the point is that you said anything about it at all to anyone, a violation of the agreement you accepted. You went behind my back and betrayed the trust I extended to you even after I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, maybe sending you a DM like that wasn’t the best way to handle things, but I stand by my statements about DRRR and Kart Krew. And what I find truly detestable about all of this is how you decided to basically drag this all out and voice your grievances on a forum topic you have literally no stake in after other posters (myself included) were told by a moderator not to go further off topic. Look, I understand that you’re probably upset after being told off like that, but there are probably a thousand different better ways to handle your anger than dragging me even further through the mud and starting a flame war in the same thread. You can literally DM people right here on the SRB2MB, had you messaged me there and been respectful and honest about how you felt I’d be far more willing to apologize and patch things up.

But it’s too late for that now because this is the path you chose. Your responses don’t give me the impression that you want to resolve any problems or give me any reasons to forgive you. You want to spite me, brush these issues under the rug, and make me more upset.

Please, consider the advice I’ve given you. Maybe you can see where I’m coming from with this.
Then you should have included that within the "INCLUDES" segment. You did leave a loophole if your intention was to not have the conversation exist outside of that context.

You act like you were betrayed, but, not only did you not "explicitly" say that the conversation had to remain secret, like you claimed (you pointed to vague wording, therefore meaning it wasn't explicit but something you thought wasn't enough of an issue that you put it under vague wording that could be interpreted to just mean sharing pieces of the convo), but you now act like you are the victim here.
May I remind you that it was you who first acted hostile on the MB, therefore inciting this whole convo? Do as you preach.

Then you should have included that within the "INCLUDES" segment. You did leave a loophole if your intention was to not have the conversation exist outside of that context.

You act like you were betrayed, but, not only did you not "explicitly" say that the conversation had to remain secret, like you claimed (you pointed to vague wording, therefore meaning it wasn't explicit but something you thought wasn't enough of an issue that you put it under vague wording that could be interpreted to just mean sharing pieces of the convo), but you now act like you are the victim here.
May I remind you that it was you who first acted hostile on the MB, therefore inciting this whole convo? Do as you preach.
I didn't incite anything. People chose to respond when they didn't need to.
If we can't see eye-to-eye on this then we'll never set anything straight.
That's all. I can't help you with anything else, I'm done.

You act like you were betrayed, but, not only did you not "explicitly" say that the conversation had to remain secret, like you claimed (you pointed to vague wording), but you now act like you are the victim here.
Pretty much this, although in the interest of (and I paraphrase) "calming down and being understanding" as Sandwich seems to want to do, I would like to point out an observation I'm making about this based on what I've seen so far.

Going by Sandwich's screenshot and Charyb's behavior that I have seen regarding the conversation in question here in this thread, it looks to me as though Sandwich simply didn't make it clear enough to Charyb that mentioning that the conversation happened at all would be a breach of this agreement, nor why such a thing would be prohibited. Charyb does in fact seem to have been attempting to keep her word regarding the agreement to the best of her understanding, and as such it's a bit odd to me that Sandwich is accusing her of harmful intent instead of simply making it more clear what his intentions were.

Pretty much this, although in the interest of (and I paraphrase) "calming down and being understanding" as Sandwich seems to want to do, I would like to point out an observation I'm making about this based on what I've seen so far.

Going by Sandwich's screenshot and Charyb's behavior that I have seen regarding the conversation in question here in this thread, it looks to me as though Sandwich simply didn't make it clear enough to Charyb that mentioning that the conversation happened at all would be a breach of this agreement, nor why such a thing would be prohibited. Charyb does in fact seem to have been attempting to keep her word regarding the agreement to the best of her understanding, and as such it's a bit odd to me that Sandwich is accusing her of harmful intent instead of simply making it more clear what his intentions were.
This is in large part what I was getting at with half my message, btw. Thanks for wording it better.

View attachment 118505

Everything I'm about to say is my own personal thoughts, I represent myself and myself alone.

I would like you to know that I think this pettiness of this "discord contract" you take so seriously is on the same level as the strawman arguments you make about STJR's stance about re-usability.

I'm sorry, but after this message I personally cannot take you seriously anymore. You are obsessed with harassing SRB2 staff and spreading hearsay about them. You say you care about the community and wish to hold SRB2 staff accountable, yet you yourself shame young creators on YouTube publicly. You complain about MB rules being too strict, yet you also want to filter out the creations of others based on your own perceptions of quality. You complain about Devs staying quiet about their work, yet you are too cowardly for your own words to be shown to the public.
You have an illogical and primal hatred for Charyb despite all the good graces they've shown you. You desperately want to beat them at whatever game you think you're playing, and I think that's incredibly pathetic.

You claim that you "didn't incite anything. People chose to respond when they didn't need to." yet your entire damn career is just that. You kept inciting hate over the SRB2 project.
You cannot take responsibility for your actions, so you resort to hiding away when anyone calls you out on your bullshit only to come back later when you think everyone has moved on. trust me, we remember. Your actions lead me to believe that you don't actually care about the direction the game is moving, rather you care about the individuals involved. In other words, you are a politics junkie.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

You are a walking example of hypocrisy and projection. You don't care about the game or anyone involved with it, you want to tear it down. Please leave the community, you clearly hate everyone involved with this community.

I didn't incite anything. People chose to respond when they didn't need to.
If we can't see eye-to-eye on this then we'll never set anything straight.
That's all. I can't help you with anything else, I'm done.
Turns out my original reply was erased due to it being flaming, even if I didn't really mean to. Oops.

But, yeah, again: you should just leave. You're in a concerning state to stick around any longer.

Something tells me you're asking for a ban or something, even if you're not. Speaking from my embarassing past experiences here on the MB. Why do you think I got an extended ban at some point?

Now look at me. I'm not the same brat I was 9+ years ago.

It seems to me as though the drama is a result of a misunderstanding and an unwillingness on Sandwich's part to have a good faith discussion regarding it. As pointed out before, Sandwich seems to have not been clear enough what his intentions were with his Discord agreement, and this seems to have lead to Charyb misunderstanding and not realizing that this agreement was intended to function as a safeguard against the following conversation they had getting discussed at all, to the extreme of even mentioning that it happened. This is a mistake on Sandwich's part, but when Charyb proceeds to then mention the existence of the conversation while presumably (based on the evidence I have seen) not realizing that this was a breach of Sandwich's intentions for the discussion Sandwich then proceeds to immediately take offense and partakes in behavior I can only describe as emotional and impulsive.

A more constructive way to address the situation would have been for Sandwich to contact Charyb in private and make it clear that he felt the contract between the two of them had been breached. Taking about it between the two of them like mature, rational adults. Instead, it seems (also based only on what I have seen) his decision was to make a public stink about the perceived wrong doing committed against him accusing Charyb of betraying his trust instead of confirming this with her first. The irony is that he's asking for others to be empathetic and understanding towards him (which to a certain degree they should), but he appears to have failed to extend this same courtesy to the very person he's accusing of wronging him, lightly throwing around accusations of betrayal without any sign of trying to be understanding regarding why Charyb acted the way she did.

In short, it appears to me as though in the best case scenario this is a result of some simple misunderstandings and a bit of hasty emotional reactions. Worst case, and I state this purely hypothetically as I'm not at all a mind reader, the drama could be intentionally crafted so as to generate clicks and engagement on Sandwich's youtube channel. I do not mean to accuse Sandwich of intending this outright, but I do get a little bit suspicious considering his behavior around the vaguely worded agreement. It's very reminiscent of a contrived "gotcha" trap. I would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and say that without any actual evidence this probably is not the case, I simply feel like there's value in voicing the suspicion. Either way, I more strongly believe based on what I have seen that it's just a case of misunderstandings and heated emotions.

I look forward to when you inevitably start more drama because you've built your place in the community around it and will be forgotten the moment you move on. You've contributed nothing to this community but drama and videos about drama. Grow up.
DylanDude's right. After all...

Do you even deserve your platform?

No, you don't.

At the end of it this is all coming down to harmless miscommunication and a lot of very clearly built up resentment towards KK and the current STJR from Sandwich. While I don't think the inciting incident needed or should have happened the way it did, this is clearly something that was going to boil over sooner or later so I can't really fault anyone on either team just being done with all of this hoopla.

I don't know you. I couldn't make an educated guess on why you don't like me. [...] whenever I've been in your position, having a deep-seated problem with someone, it's something I take up with them personally and try to hash out. Somewhere in 2022(?), before I was even familiar with you, you started exhibiting all sorts of wildly-hostile behavior from the sidelines and I was left without a clue as to what precipitated it. I did a search through anywhere I could to find out what our history was and where I may have slighted you [...]

Your responses don’t give me the impression that you want to resolve any problems or give me any reasons to forgive you. You want to spite me, brush these issues under the rug, and make me more upset.

I feel disappointed that he was so convinced that we're boogeymen that a genuine request to understand what the problem is was eventually met with this. Not directly, sure, but still. I for one can only theorize about what the core of the issue was. Not much point in that now.

I hope he finds something more constructive to do with his time. In spite of everything, I have no desire for him to boil in his vitriol; I hope he reflects on this whole saga and learns something from it.

I'm glad at the very least Glaber seems to recognize where he went wrong (something I wish sandwich had been able to do, but oh well-). Here's hoping that given time he'll be able to be let back into the community having hopefully learned his lesson.

Felt like mentioning now in a public setting a day later that the goofy blight-eqiel on the first page was a result of unrelated headache-y offline matters that were occurring on my end the past few days and for whatever reason (effectively none), getting to witness another topic focused in-part about disliking him and his actions, converted into going the effort of "let ME be the high-octane roaster if nobody else will haahahurgle", when I admit that wanting to out-weird him in that fashion wasn't necessary and could've been kept to myself - if you were just curious about any kinda explanation there. It wasn't a healthy steam to let off, and I feel better and chillaxed recognizing this. Sorry for the side story.

I'm glad at the very least Glaber seems to recognize where he went wrong (something I wish sandwich had been able to do, but oh well-). Here's hoping that given time he'll be able to be let back into the community having hopefully learned his lesson.
Big agreement from me. I'm a firm believer in second chances. Sometimes we as human beings make mistakes, but we are also capable of learning and growing as people from them. Nobody should be defined solely by their past mistakes. Glaber at least seems to be willing to admit fault and accept responsibility for what he did. My guess is that even if he does want to return though, he's probably still going to have to wait out a period of time for his ban so as for it to be an actual consequence for what he did, and he will likely have to be the one to reach out himself.

It's sad to see something like this go down because as someone who's even watched Sandwich's content, I never thought he would've been that petty. I thought he had strong opinions about old SRB2 content and keeping it in the game, sure (such as the thok), but once I opened this thread and read more and more, THEN saw that whole Discord agreement screenshot I knew he truly went off the deep end. I could not take his responses seriously or even read them with an open eye. I hope he gets the help that he needs because it's very apparent that this whole feud that he keeps indulging in is mentally hurting him

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Back