How hard is it to make an SRB2 mod?

Weirdzo

WEIRDZOTASTIC!!!!!!!
I've been wondering (mostly out of boredom) how hard is lua scripting? What's even required to make an SRB2 addon? I know of the 300+ sprites for a full sheet required, but I feel like it'd be fun to make one someday (especially considering I've been wondering if these coding classes I've been taking could be put to the test, as well as admittedly needing some art practice)
I'd appreciate anything, really, uhhh.
Thanks for reading and thanks.... +1 for any sort of answers, I guess?

I'd say LUA is one of the more difficult yet more rewarding types of mods to get into.
The wiki has plenty of resources for it. My advice is to try and figure something out using the wiki before you ask a question somewhere, though.

Although, not every mod needs LUA. Not even characters. It's only when you don't want a character to use one of the custom abilities built into the game when LUA needs to come in for character creation.

I'd say LUA is one of the more difficult yet more rewarding types of mods to get into.
The wiki has plenty of resources for it. My advice is to try and figure something out using the wiki before you ask a question somewhere, though.

Although, not every mod needs LUA. Not even characters. It's only when you don't want a character to use one of the custom abilities built into the game when LUA needs to come in for character creation.
Lua is not an acronym!!

anyways, yeah. to release a mod, it needs to have at least something that was made by you, at least some amount of effort put into it. to make a full on character mod though can take months, or even a year.. i recommend starting out small and learning the art style and Lua first

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back