How to bind camera left/right to triggers

gsd123

Hello,

Using a standard xbox controller on Windows (on SRB2 v2.2.13), is it possible to bind the camera left/right action to the triggers similar to Sonic Heroes? I can bind to the right analog just fine by setting it to 'Z Axis' in gamepad settings, but haven't found a way to do this for the triggers. The closest I have gotten to this behavior is setting it to the 'y rudder -' option, which does allow camera movement using the triggers, however, the camera is always drifting right for some reason. I verified my controller is not physically drifting, as it registers all analog input correctly in joy.cpl (as well as other games), so I suspect this may be a bug with how the game itself is reading analog input from the triggers, or I am just missing something in the settings menu. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Thanks.

Check the keyboard control configuration, you can customize controller layout there.

Check the keyboard control configuration, you can customize controller layout there.
Thanks, checked in that menu just now, found that the triggers do not register there (for 'look left/right' actions) in any other menu besides the gamepad menu (where it's detected as 'y rudder' and results in drifting camera). Also messed with all the deadzone options and camera options to no avail.

I found a satisfactory workaround for now
1. Leave gamepad look settings to right analog/default
2. enable 'use mouse' in the mouse control menu
3. download antimicrox and map left trigger to mouse left and right trigger to mouse right in antimicrox (joy2key might work as well, but haven't tested that program, only antimicrox)
4. ensure antimicrox is running in the background and launch the game
trigger analog camera movement seems to work perfectly using this method.

Last edited:
Hello,

Using a standard xbox controller on Windows (on SRB2 v2.2.13), is it possible to bind the camera left/right action to the triggers similar to Sonic Heroes? I can bind to the right analog just fine by setting it to 'Z Axis' in gamepad settings, but haven't found a way to do this for the triggers. The closest I have gotten to this behavior is setting it to the 'y rudder -' option, which does allow camera movement using the triggers, however, the camera is always drifting right for some reason. I verified my controller is not physically drifting, as it registers all analog input correctly in joy.cpl (as well as other games), so I suspect this may be a bug with how the game itself is reading analog input from the triggers, or I am just missing something in the settings menu. Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Thanks.
I think it is indeed an oversight based upon the input of the triggers.

I think it is indeed an oversight based upon the input of the triggers.
Yeah, managed a workaround for now by enabling mouse camera movement and then using a joy2key program (antimicrox) to bind the triggers to mouse left/right. Works as expected this way.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back