How to make a pushable button (linedef 403) open a moving door (linedef 404).

Aquavine

📀🌻Frutiger Aero enjoyer :3🌻📀
When making my map I wanted to make a door that opens only when you press a button, but I don't want a boring flat sector, but a real button that actually goes down when jump on it. I already figured out how to make a button and the door, but the problem now is how to make them work together.
srb20070.gif

So at the moment the button works but doesn't do anything but lower itself, and the only way I can open the door is with seperate sector. For the button I used Move Tagged Sector's Floor and for the door I used Move Tagged Sector's Ceiling.
1716141454782.png

I made a small graph showing where and how the tags are set. (and I forgot about this but both of the sector's are touch activated.)

You can put multiple linedef executors in the same sector. Try putting the ceiling movement in the same sector as the button lowering one.

You can put multiple linedef executors in the same sector. Try putting the ceiling movement in the same sector as the button lowering one.
I tried this and it works as I wanted. And the funny thing is that I remember adding these two tags on the same sector earlier but it didn't work, and the only reason for it is that I put the celling of the control sector at 0 which would make the button go down but the door wouldn't move at all because the celling was already at height 0. I just realised that :dramahog: But still thanks for help. (second time in row :>)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back