• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Logan McCloud's WIP Thread

Send me a message if the model pack is done.
Just use the "Watch" button.
image.png

Hello! I took a bit of an extended break from SRB2 (and Sonic in general) to work on other things, pursue some other passions, and take care of a lot of life stuff. Thank you for your patience.

It has been a while so I don't remember all I've mentioned. All the base-game enemies are done, have been for a while now. Really *most* of the pack is done at this point, the most important things that are left are the rest of the main cast and seeing how far I can get with certain downloadable characters before the initial release.

Part of the reason for my absence is that I'm not very efficient at modeling; my techniques didn't scale well. I could work fast when I needed to but complex models took a disproportionate amount of time. So I spent most of last year basically relearning 3D modeling from the ground up, learning proper fundamentals this time instead of relying on my lopsided knowledge. I can work in high poly and even sculpt now, not that that's relevant to this pack, which is staying low poly, but I'm hoping I can apply what I've learned to work much faster and more efficiently for the more complex models I need to do next.

Again thank you for your patience. I'll try to keep you guys posted for when I'm able to make significant progress again.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back