Real Public Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

This is a basic public service announcement:

Scrapped Princess owns. Recently, I watched the whole series again thanks to my CD-R stack, and after watching it again, I am now convinced that it is pure genius. It should be required. Nearly a perfect mix of action, humor, and plot, it is REAL entertainment.

The basic plot involves a 15 year old girl, Pacifica, who has been named the "Scrapped Princess", who according the Mauzel's divine prophecy, will destroy the world when she becomes 16. She is protected by her brother, Shannon, and her sister, Raquelle, as they try and escape from the pursuit of the entire world. Needless to say, the plot gets a lot more complex than that, and it's entertaining the whole way, going well beyond the swords and sorcery backdrop into something unique and interesting.

I took a few random screens out of the first episode to show how nice and pretty the whole thing looks.

sp1.jpg

The title display.

sp2.jpg

Pacifica

sp3.jpg

Spell effects. They look that much more bad-ass in animation.

sp4.jpg

Sword fighting. The animation in this is top-notch, something I can't really show with pictures.

sp5.jpg

Zephiris, from the credits song.

Needless to say, this show is one of those things that is incredible beyond words, yet it is still not released in the US, giving you a great opportunity. Fansubbers, or fan-organized subtitling groups, have translated and subtitled the whole series. The version I watched was Anime-Kraze's translation, and I highly recommend them. The easiest method of downloading the episodes is BitTorrent, although there are faster ways.

If you don't know how to use BitTorrent, Anime-Kraze has their tracker page here, which has all the information you need to learn how to download and use BitTorrent. They have three batch torrents which have the entire series in three 1.2-1.5 GB downloads.

Tracker Page:
http://torrent.anime-kraze.net:6969/

Direct links for each torrent:
http://www.anime-kraze.net/torrent/(Ani-Kraze)Scrapped_Princess_01_-_08.torrent
http://www.anime-kraze.net/torrent/(Ani-Kraze)Scrapped_Princess_09_-_16.torrent
http://www.anime-kraze.net/torrent/(Ani-Kraze)Scrapped_Princess_17_-_24.torrent

Basically, this is an incredible series, and it's about damn time I start spreading the news around to those who wouldn't already know. Download it. Watch it. Enjoy it.

Consult me later when I start burning my Subbed Rockman Exe collection :E
You've got me this time, Mystic. I WANT O_O

20 views and only 1 reply? Is the filesize scary or just the idea of downloading three or four applications just to watch it?

Trust me, people, this is one of the best shows I've ever watched in my life, and normally I find the second time through sucks. When I enjoyed it even more the second time, I know I've found something special.

Other people don't share your exact tastes. They probably simply aren't interested. I've listened to some great indie rock music lately, but you don't see me talking it up here and calling it public service, do you?

I'd probably have clicked it out of curiousity at least, a441. Doesn't mean I'd like it, but I would have at least given it a shot. Remember, I listen to the stuff you send me, as after all, I'll never know whether it's good if I don't at least try it.

Also, I'm surprised no one at least said something along the lines of what you said, a441. It's the lack of response at all, not the lack of positive response that surprises me.

No crud. A lot of animes have the properties you described. And two Gigs is a rather large file size.

The problem, ace, is that I can't describe much without spoiling anything. It's an exceedingly well thought-out plot, with plot twists that make sense, yet weren't anticipated.

It's 3.7 GB total. In the grand scheme of things, that's not THAT big. And you get it in 1.2 GB chunks, not all at once.

Yep. BT isn't the fastest thing in the world and these are 1 GB files. Just let it run overnight and stuff. If you're having real trouble, try getting a non-official client and cap the upload.

No, it's not normal. You need to forward/allow ports 6881-6889 TCP, then it'll be faster. It's like how you open port 5029 UDP for SRB2.

If you have a firewall/router you aren't able to configure for some reason, you're screwed, I guess.

1.2 gigs is a bit big when you have a 5 gig hard drive running on windows 3.0 with 750 megs of free space. Sorry about my earlier comment, It's just that if I had a penny for every time I heard some one say, in so many words, that an anime was the best there ever was, suffice tosay Bill Gates would no longer be the richest man alive.

Wow...I think you just beat out our current winner for "worst computer". Not an honor you want, obviously ^_~

Thank god I'm no longer there X_X

*looks at PII266, which is mostly used for framerate testing now*

ace909 said:
1.2 gigs is a bit big when you have a 5 gig hard drive running on windows 3.0 with 750 megs of free space.

Sorry, at best you're going to be able to address a 2gb hard disk under Windows 3.0. You'd probably be lucky to get past 514mb.

...wait... well, I guess if you have multiple partitions you could swing it...but I doubt the hard drive controller you have in that ancient of a PC could natively support an LBA disk, therefore you would be using an overlay.

What is it? A 386sx-25? Doom's minimum requirements were a 386sx-20 with 4mb ram. Of course, that was for the "low" detail setting (effectively 160x100 resolution). If you wanted to play in "high" detail (320x200), you needed about a 486-25 or better.

I suppose you could run the last version of DOS srb2... :lol:

To be honest, I haven't had much progress playing SRB2, my computer's framerate and processing speed border on about one to three frames per second, so I can't really play worth a damn, and it takes all of my skill to push that much speed out of it.

I rule with the worst computer:
64 megs RAM
6 gig HD
250 megs free space.
And everything else dated year 1999/2000

Well well. That must be a lot of space yet it doesn't interest me. And I feel it's unworthy of a public announcement.

Otherwise: This anime's file size would kill my computer so...

*file size*
rocketQ3.gif
(And yes, it's a rocket launcher from Quake 3 if you're asking.)

Scrapped Princess is the best anime I've ever seen. Yes, it beats the other two. That's no small statement.

Well I'm putting over a good 20 at least. Hard to count how many I've seen when it's both on CD-R and from rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back