Sega Saturn game recommendations

Linlam

That's cool and all but u should watch Evangelion
I wanna play some Sega Saturn games but don't really know much about its library, I only played NiGHTS and SMT: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers up until now. You guys know some good games on the Saturn?

Well since SEGA Saturn had games that got there popularly in 1996 to early 1998 (and for Japan, 1994 to early 1998). I guess I can rank some of them in this thread, like for example. Sonic R is interesting, a Sonic 3D Blast port on the SEGA Saturn is there. With Sonic Jam included, as it's 3 games in one, has a bit of bonus stuff. And Fighters Megamix.

Well since SEGA Saturn had games that got there popularly in 1996 to early 1998 (and for Japan, 1994 to early 1998). I guess I can rank some of them in this thread, like for example. Sonic R is interesting, a Sonic 3D Blast port on the SEGA Saturn is there. With Sonic Jam included, as it's 3 games in one, has a bit of bonus stuff. And Fighters Megamix.
Yeah, I wanna play Sonic R, a race-platformer game seems interesting. I heard that the Saturn was quite popular in Japan and received some great games, some of them were translated to english by fans, like some of its visual novels. There are some decently famous JRPGs on the Saturn, but I don't think they'll be fun to play nowadays, usually old JRPGs are quite tiresome and grindy and the positive aspects aren't that good compared to today's standards. There's also some bullet hell shooters very acclaimed by the fans of the genre, like Radiant Silver Gun.

Okay, here are some reccomendations for the Capcom's Blue Bomber himself. This sounds long, but really, these are all the games available.

Megaman 8 & Megaman X4, two successfull high-budget PS1 games for the franchise's 10th anniversary, have been officially ported onto Saturn.
MM8 especially benefits since the music loops properly and has two secret bosses from the first two games in the Classic series. This one, like all other games in the series, can be a bit hard on the first playthrough, but you'll the grasp of it after beating the Intro Level.
MMX4 is a little bit inferior, though, since it doesn't benefit with anything else OTHER than the music looping properly (FMVs are not high-quality & the lack of transparency). If you really want to try this one out, go along & do it.

Alright, those are the ones almost any Megaman fan would know. There are, however, 2 additional titles that are also PS1 ports.

First is Mega Man X3, which is a slightly tweaked version of the SNES original (especially with the music). The second is Super Adventure Rockman, a Japan-Exclusive FMV game where you control Megaman through a series of fights with the classic Robot Masters in order to stop Ra Moon in the Amazon Rainforests. There are multiple endings, based on how you played and what decisions have you done.

My recommendation is Fighters Megamix, which is easily my favorite SEGA fighting game.
It's a mix between Virtua Fighter and Fighting Vipers, but I'd say regardless of if you know those series well, it's worth playing

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back