Slowmo.soc & Fastmove.soc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super mystic sonic

The Golden Blur
Today, I was busy SOCcing for SMS1095, when I found a really old SOC of mine made somewhere around the periode of SMS 1.09.1. My very first one, to be precise. Due to the fact of it not being a timer-SOC, or a boss SOC, I decided it wouldn't hurt to release it.

This SOC simply makes all movements look superslow. For example, Sonic races forwards, although he only changes sprite every 3/4 second. And thats with every sprite, not just the running one. The only things I've changed is that the slowmo effects also work on Super Sonic now, and that the title background movement goes really slow.

Go ahead and download the crappy thing here(Text is a link)
Or here
OR here...

Sorry, the mirrors are to avoid questions like "OMG, TEH LINKZ DOZNET WIKR!1!11 NEW UPLAODZ PLZ!"

EDIT:

There's now fastmove.soc. This SOC does exactly the opposite of slowmo.soc, although it doesn't have much effect in some cases.

Freewebs link
Mediafire link
Sendspace link

This soc makes him look like he runs slow but will he still be at the same speed? *downloads anyways* I hope this soc isn't a soc that is a producer of lag. *shot*

metalsonicmk72 said:
This soc makes him look like he runs slow but will he still be at the same speed? *downloads anyways* I hope this soc isn't a soc that is a producer of lag. *shot*

Nah, it won't lag up.

Didn't think anyone would actually like the SOC. The only reason I've put it up is because its my first SOC that I found in between my old garbage, and its not a timer-SOC.

The reason I like it is because it's kinda cool to see things slow- mo/ fake lag sometimes. It would be pretty stupid to try this on netgames though.

He made the animations slower. Not the gameplay. But like I said I would like to see this as an activatable move so it would be like SATSR. And it would be cool to see a speed break.

camo man said:
Hmm, sounds very interesting. Have you made the speed slower or just the player animations? *Tests*

Just the player animations. Do you really think I would be skilled enough in the SMS 1.09.1 season to make everyone's speed slower?

Change the socing a bit and make it button activated, then do one for speeding up (Like shadows chaos control) and you'll have Sonic And the Secret Robo Blast....or somthing like that....

Fish hook said:
Change the socing a bit and make it button activated, then do one for speeding up (Like shadows chaos control) and you'll have Sonic And the Secret Robo Blast....or somthing like that....

I'd rather not change it too much. It has to show how horrible I was in the old 1091 days, yet not so horrible I made timer SOCs.

You can't do that stuff when SOCcing.

Actually, you can.

I won't recommend adding it while playing in a level. If doing so there won't be any effects untill the next level. Try to add it at the title screen.

I forgot to say that I added it with the launcher. But I'll add it in-game, in the title screen. Then I'll tell you what I think.
EDIT: No. Still sigsevs.

Weird...it works for me, in any thinkable way. Maybe you should download it again. If it then still won't work, tell me from which mirror you downloaded it, and I'll re-upload, since the upload might have gone wrong.

I right-cliked the first one, save as... and saved as soc.
But I'll re-download it.
EDIT: OK, now we're talking! I downloaded it from sendspace.
Well, this is funky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back