Sonic Frontiers Roadmap Discussion

RedSRB2

The darkest night isn't always that dark.
After 2 new DLCs for Sonic Frontiers, Sega revealed the roadmap for this year.Its gonna be 3 updates through the year,and all of the DLCs are free.
Im sorry if the roadmap looks blurry and all that. Anyways,take a look at the roadmap and Happy New Year!
images (1)-1.jpg

It's old news at this point, but I suppose I could take the opportunity to speculate a bit. But first: A bigger version of the roadmap:

Sonic-Frontiers-2023-content-roadmap.jpg

My speculation:

Update 1:
It's pretty obvious that Juke Box is going to be for listening to the in-game music, and Photo mode is hardly a new concept either. The new challenge modes is what catches my eye. Based on the images presented, it looks like these challenges largely take place in cyberspace. Either new cyberspace levels, or perhaps an entirely new game mode that takes place in cyberspace? Super Sonic on the bottom right of that section also makes me wonder if they're finally adding in boss rematches in some form, or perhaps some harder versions of the fights? It would also be nice if we could transform during normal open zone gameplay.

Update 2:
It's hard to predict what they might do for Sonic's birthday. It could be a small event, or a large scale update. No idea what it might actually end up being. The Open Zone Challenge however sounds interesting. Perhaps a sort of time trial mode for Open Zone gameplay? Or maybe there's more to it than that? New Koco is also rather vague. It could mean that there will be more kinds of Koco to collect that do different things, or it could be that it will simply just be more visual variety to the existing system. It will be interesting to find out what they have in store for us with this.

Update 3:
This is the big one. Playable characters and new story. This sounds like a major large scale update. A proper content expansion. Anything less, and I think people might actually start rioting from the disappointment. My guess is that Tails, Knuckles, and Amy will all have their own post-game story modes taking place after the ending cutscene in which they are all talking about what they want to do next. We might also get to play as Sage, and it would be really cool to see what other characters like Shadow were up to during the events of the main story.

Preferably, all of the characters should play differently from Sonic. It doesn't have to be anything too crazy, but each character should have distinct abilities that set them apart from each other, and unique animations.

Super Sonic on the bottom right of that section also makes me wonder if they're finally adding in boss rematches in some form, or perhaps some harder versions of the fights?
Super Sonic picture on New Challenge Modes would possibly that its gonna be some sort of Boss Rush that i would like to call "Titan Rush".You first start in a room where you have all 7 Chaos Emeralds. Then, 2 CyberSpace portals that were infront of you are now open and able to use.One on the left says to exit the "Titan Rush",and the portal on the right sends into a Titan boss fight based on which island you are.Then,the battle will start like the usual.Upon beating the certain Titan,you will be teleported to the next room on the next island. This process will repeat until you reached True Final Boss.

Heck yes, I am now ecstatic. At least, I WOULD be, if I wasn't so tired. If we get to play as SAGE, that would be AAAWWWESOME. I'm a little more excited for Tails, but I'll see what comes next.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back