Sonic X-treme PC material leaked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! I dunno how they got them, but they found the map files and I think a map editor. No engine though so it's still not playable. 8P
But they have the new stuff... And they found a few characters. You know Glabers avatar? His name is Chaz~
But what I got from the Senntient forums is that they're restoring some of the levels and putting them in a new engine.
107pd3n.jpg

But yeah! So we might actually get to play the game in the near future~
http://www.senntient.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=910&p=1

http://www.sonic-xtreme.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it'll play awfully, but it's all for the "behind the scenes" factor, which is always cool.

Mmm, I disagree. The concept behind Xtreme was unique, and I think that with the right sort of design, it could have come out great, had it been given a real opportunity.

This looks very interesting. Regardless of wether or not it's a good game, I'll try out, just out of curiosity.

Please tell me that's not the Game Maker debug window I'm seeing, and that they made their own engine. Don't make me go on about how much that program sucks...

Last edited:
Please tell me that's not the Game Maker debug window I'm seeing

Okay, I won't tell you you're seeing a Game Maker debug window, considering I keep a copy of GM here and opened it to see that window.

Last edited:
The problem with SRB2 and Sonic Xtreme textures is SRB2's limited color palette.
srb20056.png

That's a screenshot from a special stage I'm making for a secret level pack that uses Sonic Xtreme textures. Here are the original textures...
TileA.png
and...
TRENCH.png

Quite a difference eh?

So my first reaction after seeing this is to find out what Chris Senn knows, as he's been very generous to the community in giving us as much as he can legally offer without going behind the team's back. Seems his post was in a separate topic HERE.

Unfortunately, I don't entirely understand what he means by that. The fact that the he had nothing to do with the leak is clear enough. It's also quite clear that he doesn't have much free time to sort through the mess or clarify what he'd said... but the rest of it is a bit beyond me. As I'd departed from the community a long time ago because I figured that- aside from the behind the scenes stuff- it was dead... I assume that's just because I don't understand the situation.

Would be nice if someone who is a regular there could give us a general idea of what took place. Sonic X-treme was leaked, I get it... but there seems to be some drama behind it and I wouldn't feel comfortable having anything to do with it unless I know what the situation is...

Only the level textures and maps were leaked. The level editor itself(which was also basically the game too) is not included. The viewer program is made by a fan named Sanik. From what I understand no one has a clear idea of where the data came from but I'm guessing that the programmer behind the main engine (Ofer Alon) gave Sanik the level information so he could build his own Xtreme engine. I don't think Chris Senn had this material as it was related to the programming of the level editor which was Ofer Alon's responsibility back in 1996.

Well I myself am looking forward to them completing the game and making it playable so that we'll finally be able to play it instead of wondering what it would have been like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back