Sound issues even worse in 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I had this problem on the old version as well, and it's really intolerable.

The sound isn't working right in SRB2. The sound is lagging like a really bad Skype session. In OpenGL and several Compatibility Modes it's even worse...the sound is a hideous groaning E-E-E-E-E-E-E. I use a Lenovo T410 with Windows 7, and the sound USED to work fine until I reimaged my computer.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there some setting on the computer or on SRB2 itself that takes care of it?

That did happen to me in 2.0.x when it played certain sounds. but it only happened in sf94 and with silver.wad

I don't know if I'm experiencing your exact problem, but I noticed a problem with sound in 2.1, sound would often repeat itself...its hard to explain. But, yeah, its like a laggy skype call.

I notice that it seems to go away under compatibility mode for Windows Vista. Oddly enough, it's unhappy in Windows 7 CM, even though my computer is Windows 7.

Fawfulfan isn't the only one. Its happening to me as well, just to a lesser extent. All I get is a high pitched ring that gets REALLY annoying.

Actually, SRB2, and any Doom-based games seem to hate Windows 7 and 8, but seems to work pefeclty on a old XP.
Also I did post this bug report: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38259
But didn't get any awnser, best thing seems to run it with XP compability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back