SRB2 DoomBuilder random 3D mode oddities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senku Niola

Drifting Golden Swordsman
Lately I've noticed SRB2DB 3D mode acting up with say FoFs. I'd try to change the height of one and it'd change the number but visually it would not change unless I rebooted 3D mode and sometimes it'd change the height of a surrounding sector instead, after rebooting 3D mode. Then with the exact same "broken" FoF if you tried to change the flats or textures it'd place a white texture instead of the correct texture until you rebooted 3D mode all other FoFs nearby would change just fine. When I delete the sector where the FoF was supposed to be it'd just make the NEXT numbered sector break.

Anyone have this issue? I'm using Windows 7.

Last edited:
Yeah, the same exact thing happens for me. I'm also using Windows 7, but I also had the same problem when I used XP.

This occasionally happens to me. The white texture thing is rare on my machine--it sometimes happens, but only once in a great while, though when it happens it often happens again and again in that space of time. It almost occurs in "phases". The FOF height thing is much more common, though it's rarer for it to happen when I change the number. More often it occurs when I undo a sector height change. Another thing I noticed is that it doesn't matter whether you're changing the FOF's top height or bottom height...it always says "FOF top height changed".

It's all mildly irksome, but it doesn't exactly wreck your ability to edit the level. I've just learned to live with it.

More often it occurs when I undo a sector height change.
Undoing doesn't seem to refresh 3D Mode's FOF drawing. If you try to manually move an FOF plane after undoing, it'll refresh like normal and appear to "snap back" into the correct position.

Yeah, I've observed that too. The bigger oddity is that it refers to both top and bottom height changes as "top height changes".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back