Target Enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddratini

Is there any way to use A_FindTarget on enemies in general?
I already looked on the wiki, so no excuses(XP, joking).

OK, well, that screwed my idea. Thanks anyway, at least I won't kill myself trying to do another impossible soc.

Well actually... If you were to make your own enemy, technically that would work. You could have one object that upon spawning, will choose a random enemy state (read: not spawn an enemy, just go to that enemy's usual states that it uses), and behave accordingly. Then you could have whatever object you need target that one object, thus chasing it despite its appearance and behavior. This is just off the top of my head, though. It may require some A_SetObjectFlags depending on the type of enemy it chooses, but you could just do crawlas as a test.

I get what your saying, but that would make every enemy a random one when a level starts though, right? I think I have a way around that, but I need to know something about A_RemoteAction. The thing # is 351, does it affect every 351 object, or just the nearest(or farthest)?

I don't really know much about A_RemoteAction, so I can't help you there. =V
Though using A_FindTarget should be able to determine that for you, unless you WANT it to change all objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back