Tempbanned (Wrath of Admin)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about as clueless as you, but in one case someone leaked the private srb2 1.1 beta, so I'm guessing it's that.

Whoever leaked 1.1 beta got banned for a month under the usertitle Tempbanned (Wrath of Admin). I'm sure this will be used for other purposes in the future, and there might even be a Permbanned (Wrath of Admin) too.

Perhaps it is best explained by example.
::Bans Chaos::

Anyone else wondering what it means?

[dictionary]"Wrath of Admin" A 1-month ban for ticking (for lack of un-moddable word) off an Admin in some fashion. Usually leaking the latest build of SRB2.[/dictionary]

Tempbanned (Wrath of Admin) was placed there as a compromise to prevent permanent bans for this crap. It lasts a month, and it's given out for placing the 1.1 #srb2fun beta onto your website or posting it onto a forum.

If you have said files, that's fine, but keep them to yourselves. Passing them around can lead to being kicked out for a month.

The #srb2fun beta WAS semi-private, anyway. That's why they don't care if you have it, as long as it doesn't go outside of the 'fun.

We don't care if you have the beta, the only thing we want to prevent is:

*) It popping up on something like FilePlanet or Caiman Games.

*) N00bs coming on the board having downloaded said game or asking about trouble they're having with it.

SSNTails said:
We don't care if you have the beta, the only thing we want to prevent is:

*) It popping up on something like FilePlanet or Caiman Games.

*) N00bs coming on the board having downloaded said game or asking about trouble they're having with it.
So, giving it to someone privately, like by PM or e-mail is allowed?

No. Hence the "Keep it to yourself"

The person you give it to could give it to HIS friend, and the cycle would spiral. If you have the private beta, or any other stuff that's not public, keep it to yourself.

Actually, I have played the 1.1 beta. It STILL doesn't have the single player levels...and it's still private, meaning that we don't really find netgames with this.

By that reasoning, it's not as good as everyone thinks. The public 1.1, however, WILL be awesome. Just wait for that, people.

Of course the 1.1 beta sucked. It was designed for people to try out the new match mode. That is the purpose of it. That purpose of the test is now complete.

Sonict said:
Of course the 1.1 beta sucked. It was designed for people to try out the new match mode. That is the purpose of it. That purpose of the test is now complete.

Sorry for putting on the cruise control (as Glaber puts it):

WITH THIS REASONING, PEOPLE, THERE IS NO NEED TO GIVE OUT A LINK TO THE 1.1 BETA. SO DON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back