The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd

The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd V4.0 (Beta Redux Redux)

I have put everything in my srb2 dir, except the jukebox
errrmmm what
Post automatically merged:

sorry if i was confusing there with my garbage ass grammar

but what i was really saying, copy and paste the files from the TSoURDt3rd folder all the way to your srb2 files.
If you pasted TSoURDt3rd's (semi) required pk3's/wad's before the update then you got to copy and paste the new ones to your SRB2 file and boom

errrmmm what
Post automatically merged:

sorry if i was confusing there with my garbage ass grammar

but what i was really saying, copy and paste the files from the TSoURDt3rd folder all the way to your srb2 files.
If you pasted TSoURDt3rd's (semi) required pk3's/wad's before the update then you got to copy and paste the new ones to your SRB2 file and boom
that is what i did

i copied all of this into my srb2 dir
1703873392336.png

I installed the patch of this modification to my srb2....and it was right after that the original executable started to crash for me

PD: The original comment was accidentally translated because of Google Translate and that is too annoying sometimes

Will this ever get that one specific missing Dynres feature of custom resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 that the now abandoned/obsoleted Uncapped Plus mod has?

Whenever I see an update to this, I am largely disappointed every time I see that a custom higher resolution option still hasn't been added.

There is another implementation for the main SRB2 repo on git.do that goes beyond 4K but not without major issues currently, and it says its unmergeable according to the page for merge request 2069 with the most recent changes being around 1 month ago.

Edit: I was even able to get the built exe from that working frankensteined with 2.2.13 running at an odd 3840 x 2137 somehow holding 144fps despite pinning a cpu core at max usage.
I get much better usage if I bring it down to 70fps which I would gladly use as a trade-off for the higher resolution.

Last edited:
Will this ever get that one specific missing Dynres feature of custom resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 that the now abandoned/obsoleted Uncapped Plus mod has?

Whenever I see an update to this, I am largely disappointed every time I see that a custom higher resolution option still hasn't been added.

There is another implementation for the main SRB2 repo on git.do that goes beyond 4K but not without major issues currently, and it says its unmergeable according to the page for merge request 2069 with the most recent changes being around 1 month ago.

Edit: I was even able to get the built exe from that working frankensteined with 2.2.13 running at an odd 3840 x 2137 somehow holding 144fps despite pinning a cpu core at max usage.
I get much better usage if I bring it down to 70fps which I would gladly use as a trade-off for the higher resolution.
Well if you're so disappointed, then why don't you just make a build with that feature yourself?

If I knew how to do that, then why would I have commented about being disappointed asking if the feature was ever going to be added to have the mod be more complete instead of (attempting) making a build then commenting about any given build errors that seem to be inevitable or other bugs I would probably run into?

Not everybody can be a developer or programmer y'know, especially with health complications and now age being limiting factors, not enough years left before the scientifically measured point of losing the ability to learn new things and have it stick with you.
That with post-2019 being yet another hurdle complicating everything.

I am programming-illiterate like many average people are and don't know where to begin for putting together all of the correct resources that active developers already have set up properly fully operational, and it would also more than likely fail to work/build on my system due to Microsoft from so many restrictions from intentionally breaking updating with the folder permissions trick to avoid unwanted updates that are prone to causing system failure or breaking everything or data loss, etc.

I only know asm tinkering half-decently and not even making my own things directly from asm without relying on existing assembly to make it work, none of the coding "strings of specific text that only makes sense to a limited subset of capable people".

If it satisfies you, I keep getting SigSegv errors if I restart or select levels multiple times on that frankensteined 4K access SRB2 folder due to not knowing where to find the rest of the assets meant for that any-resolution exe artifact because builds only include the exe and nothing else.

If I knew how to do that, then why would I have commented about being disappointed asking if the feature was ever going to be added to have the mod be more complete instead of (attempting) making a build then commenting about any given build errors that seem to be inevitable or other bugs I would probably run into?

Not everybody can be a developer or programmer y'know, especially with health complications and now age being limiting factors, not enough years left before the scientifically measured point of losing the ability to learn new things and have it stick with you.
That with post-2019 being yet another hurdle complicating everything.

I am programming-illiterate like many average people are and don't know where to begin for putting together all of the correct resources that active developers already have set up properly fully operational, and it would also more than likely fail to work/build on my system due to Microsoft from so many restrictions from intentionally breaking updating with the folder permissions trick to avoid unwanted updates that are prone to causing system failure or breaking everything or data loss, etc.

I only know asm tinkering half-decently and not even making my own things directly from asm without relying on existing assembly to make it work, none of the coding "strings of specific text that only makes sense to a limited subset of capable people".

If it satisfies you, I keep getting SigSegv errors if I restart or select levels multiple times on that frankensteined 4K access SRB2 folder due to not knowing where to find the rest of the assets meant for that any-resolution exe artifact because builds only include the exe and nothing else.
Well first off, you could've expressed that disappointment in a less douchey way, instead of the way that you chose to do it. Acting like that really doesn't help anything at all, and besides, most people would just have replied to you just the way I did, some better, and some worse. I know for a fact that if you went to SRB2's official discord and posted this same thing there instead, everyone would've replied to you in somewhat of the same fashion as I did.

Secondly, I somewhat agree with your point that not everyone can be a programmer, but at the same time I disagree, and I heavily disagree with the point you made about post-2019 complicating everything. I am most likely way younger than you, and at the same time, thanks to post-2019 things, myself and many others I know were barely affected at all by post-2019 when it comes to coding, and as a matter of fact, I was able to flourish in the field of coding, and was able to have things stick. If things didn't happen the way they did, I wouldn't have learned how to code at all, and this build wouldn't even exist. Of course, this skill took time and patience to learn, but so does everything, and with enough effort, anyone would be able to pull it off, they just gotta believe hard enough.

Also, you can't really be both programming-illiterate and somewhat decent, knowledgeable, and a slight dabbler in the field of assembly, not only do those two statements contradict each other, but from what I've been told, assembly is an incredibly hard language to learn, and the fact that you're able to somewhat comprehend and put something small, but decent together in it contradicts your previous points even more. You even dabble in the fields of making and enhancing game codes, something in which is also a form of programming itself per-say, and something that most others may find hard to do, or don't even do at all, so if I'm much younger than you and could learn how to code, who's to say someone like you, who is most likely more knowledgeable in coding than me, has more resources and access to coding materials than me, and most importantly, older than me, couldn't learn how to do so yourself?

On top of this, I've recently started coding from both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the former of which I was doing on a school computer for about the sum of 3 months max. I knew next to nothing about doing anything for these platforms, and barely knew how to cross-compile during my time using a Linux platform, but thankfully, I was able to pick it up pretty easily thanks to MSYS2. Check them out if you're ever interested in compiling for Windows, not only is it basically the only platform available for easily compiling on Windows, but the setup process is insanely easy, and if I were to do it on a school computer with basically military grade security restrictions for no reason, you should have no problem too. Needless to say I don't think coding, or even compiling for that matter, won't be a challenge for you at all, as long as you keep your wits with you and all.

Also, I'm pretty sure the any-resolution branch is currently only for 2.2.11 so you might want to go get those assets from here (and maybe check out this if you have time, it's basically somewhat more info on the branch itself). Although, those crashes might not be caused by the assets, but more-so the fact that maybe the compiled build that you found was old though, so maybe you could try compiling it yourself, or have a friend do it for you. I'd be happy to help you too if you want :p

Last edited:
this cilent is exhibiting a very strange bug in v4.0 beta; when I host a server with no addons, players will randomly join as green sonics that can't move, can't see themselves, and can't talk

this cilent is exhibiting a very strange bug in v4.0 beta; when I host a server with no addons, players will randomly join as green sonics that can't move, can't see themselves, and can't talk
I've have experenced this, currently working on fixing up android then i can see if we have already fixed this

Now that I recall, there's also a bug where if you're hosting the vanilla client, players that are using tSoURDt3rd can ignore the Restrict Character Changes server option, which will allow them to change characters at any time, during any character state, including when they're in mid-air, while the option is set by the server to disabled. This problem has existed for months, and I forgot if I'd already reported it or not.

Now that I recall, there's also a bug where if you're hosting the vanilla client, players that are using tSoURDt3rd can ignore the Restrict Character Changes server option, which will allow them to change characters at any time, during any character state, including when they're in mid-air, while the option is set by the server to disabled. This problem has existed for months, and I forgot if I'd already reported it or not.
well that would be 2 different bugs, one with vanilla and one with us

this shouldn't be possible on vanilla and should desync

What's the loading screen option used for? I don't know where it shows up.

What's the loading screen option used for? I don't know where it shows up.
The loading screen option is used and shown when loading into a level, like GFZ1. It's ported from Final Demo and past builds of SRB2, with some other features added to it for more modernism and all.

The loading screen option is used and shown when loading into a level, like GFZ1. It's ported from Final Demo and past builds of SRB2, with some other features added to it for more modernism and all.
Oh, I guess loadtimes are just too instant to notice, then lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back