The Vanilla character power tier list is bad.

Maverick

Level Designer, Smart Bastard
You might be wondering "what is this tier list and why is it bad" and, um... that's the point of this thread basically.
so, the tier list is...
============
S: Tails
A: Knuckles
B: Metal Sonic
C: Amy /Fang
D: Sonic
F: [free real state]
============
the problem is that sonic is made to be the more challenging character, despite Metal sonic, the one you unlocked by beating the game, is easier than the guy whose name is in the title, and here is my attempt at a potential solution.

the solution is to make sonic on the easier side of learning but more challenging when it comes putting these skills to the test.\

-Sonic has a higher jump, (between Tails' and Amy's) and his thok lifts him up a bit (like a cross between the jump thok and a bad double jump) and the insta-shield.

-Tails is unchanged, except for the part where tails can cancel flight if he runs out if energy, other than that he is just sonic but baby mode.

-knuckles just stays the same, but he can take sonic routs (ben mystic's idea of knuckles and how he should work are just dumb, give him his own routs he can choose to take, and maybe give a reason to do so like the Amy rout in ACZ2)

-Amy stays the same, I know some people want her to have a roll jump, but that would look cursed, and bad, maybe give her a hammer jump ability

-Fang can shoot while moving, and jumping, not much other than that (the camera doesn't snap to where fang fired)

-Metal sonic has the most changes, and for good reasons, he gains his two hit system from his boss fight, his hover doesn't lose height, he still has the same jump, has a peelout instead of a spindash (this is mainly visual though, but the peelout can break knuckle walls), and he cannot suffocate in space (water can still ruin his circuits though), metal sonic should be the hard mode character

and here is the theoretical NEW tier list.
============
S: Tails
A: Sonic /Amy
B: Fang /Knuckles
C: Metal sonic
D:
F:
============
so, this is my take on the balancing issue, If you have your own take, then tell me, I'd live to hear it.

• Cool!
Reactions: Lan

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back