What Did People used to make their own maps during Srb2 tournament?

superholo

Got cookies?
So on the srb2 2k3 page on srb2 wiki there was a download link with some addons outside the srb2 page but i ever questioned how they made maps for srb2 tournament 2003? i mean what software they used to make the maps

1686319568347.png

no im not asking how to make addons i mean what software they used to make maps during srb2 tournament 2003
Typically SRB2 map-making software is Zone Builder. Just search it up here on the MB. It can be confusing though...

Typically SRB2 map-making software is Zone Builder. Just search it up here on the MB. It can be confusing though...
Still not answering his question.

He's asking how people made maps when Tournament 2003 was the latest version.

To that, I present Deepsea (not the zone). Not much I can help you with in terms of getting config files but there's an answer.

Still not answering his question.

He's asking how people made maps when Tournament 2003 was the latest version.

To that, I present Deepsea (not the zone). Not much I can help you with in terms of getting config files but there's an answer.
Oh then idk man

I tried make a map in srb2 doom builder pratically the game crashed at the start even with the player spawn but because i used the 1.09.4 config instead of the 2k3 config that doesnt exist
they used some sort of doom builder or something like that

I tried make a map in srb2 doom builder pratically the game crashed at the start even with the player spawn but because i used the 1.09.4 config instead of the 2k3 config that doesnt exist
1686344060211.png

Says here that Demo 4.35 came directly before tournament 2k3. You probably should make maps for that version and then see if they work in tournament 2k3. Making maps for 1.09.4, which is a NEWER version than 2k3, is probably what made the game crash.

View attachment 93342
Says here that Demo 4.35 came directly before tournament 2k3. You probably should make maps for that version and then see if they work in tournament 2k3. Making maps for 1.09.4, which is a NEWER version than 2k3, is probably what made the game crash.
You are right i think but i will need the original config file of demo 4.35 for wadauthor

The earliest map editors were DeepSea (not commonly used), Doom Builder, and WADAuthor.

No, Deep Sea Zone is not named after DeepSea. The level pre-dates SRB2 using the Doom Engine.

The earliest map editors were DeepSea (not commonly used), Doom Builder, and WADAuthor.

No, Deep Sea Zone is not named after DeepSea. The level pre-dates SRB2 using the Doom Engine.
Ik that i can make maps with DeePsea but the config of srb2 for DeePsea there isnt anymore

Ok so after some days i finally found out now so i had an method that work!

0. Download Srb2 Tournament 2003
1. Download Demo 4.35
2. Download Doom Builder 2
3. On the folder where demo 4.35 is located make a copy of srb2.srb outside the folder so and rename the extension from .srb to .wad
4. Open doom builder 2 and go to configure select doom 2 and select srb2.wad (dont activate excluse this from testing parametres or will not work!)
5. Make a new map by selecting doom 2
6. after finish making your own map save it on a folder then put the map you made in the folder where srb2 tournament is located
7. To adding the map just open srb2win.exe then open the console and type *addfile %nameofyourmap%*
8. Have fun playing your own srb2 2k3 map!

NOTE : Yes its a little bit big this guide i will try make a document of it
Post automatically merged:

here an example of a map i made for demo 4.35 and Tournament 2003

Attachments

• Example map.png
    Example map.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back