What do u think about them adding the srb2k/srb2 kart to Android

would you think it would be done the same as for the web beta?
Post automatically merged:

I kinda hope so

Last edited:
An android port will probably never be made because there would be too much controls which scatters the screen for small devices, the multiplayer would only work on high end devices due to the big memory and network usage which android devices can't handle correctly.

If you want kart, get a laptop,pc,linux device,mac or a chromebook, or just install PostMarketOS on your phone and compile then run srb2kart there (but you wont get touch controls so use controller or keyboard.)

Well, the fans did it with the normal srb2 and ported it to android. They even added the option of more buttons on the screen. I presume it also supports bluetooth or wired keyboards or controllers (maybe not wired idk). So it could potentially be possible

I think it's the same engine, or it might be that they reworked that engine to fit a kart racer.

There is already a 2.2.11 port

But for kart theres a port video from trey :

I don't know if trey is using a emulator to run this.

Well there you go! There technically is one!
Thats not an actual Android port,because its running on a Windows emulator for Android named Winlator. CornTheKarter is right,as there will not be any Android ports of the game.

And by the way,it werent fans that made the Android port for Vanilla SRB2. It was made by Lactozilla,a member of STJr who made the 2.2.9 Android port,and left the team when 2.2.10 port was made.Since then,all of the further Android ports are unofficial,and only the 2.2.9 port is official.

Thats not an actual Android port,because its running on a Windows emulator for Android named Winlator. CornTheKarter is right,as there will not be any Android ports of the game.

And by the way,it werent fans that made the Android port for Vanilla SRB2. It was made by Lactozilla,a member of STJr who made the 2.2.9 Android port,and left the team when 2.2.10 port was made.Since then,all of the further Android ports are unofficial,and only the 2.2.9 port is official.
it said on the description for the android port where you download srb2 and that there is an unofficial 2.2.10 port made by fans and the ones before are official, but now that you mention it I understand why you said

I would like to see an iOS port of srb2 or srb2k tho as long as it bypasses the many rules of developing apps for the app store

edit: I meant as long as it somehow abides by the rules (I don't want anyone to submit an app just for it to get shot down by apple's app approval team)

I mean, theres a meme game called "go sanic goooooo" there and thats a fan game

The Web Beta is not official, nor is it being updated anymore.
I am aware, but if it were done the same, then it would be VERY accessible to everyone depending on how well debugged and tested it has been between devices. Pretty much any device which can run a web browser would be able to run it if it were possible.

Last edited:
I would like to see an iOS port of srb2 or srb2k tho as long as it bypasses the many rules of developing apps for the app store
Hold on,you really think that 2 Sonic fangames would be on APP STORE of all the places?

Well, games like go sanic gooooo are on there and that game is a meme game using the engine of sonic dash but as like a reskin with adding other things

although it's made in unity

now that I think about it, since it's such a big and popular game, It would have a very small chance of slipping through the cracks onto the App Store

Side loading is possible to get srb2 (hopefully the latest version) running on iOS, jailbroken or not, but jailbreaking is't the best option unless you REALLY want to and getting it without can be tedious. it has been made easier with Xcode and everyone having public access to app developer tools, but it's a hassle to do so.

the reasone why it won't be leagal becuase there already sonic games that on mobile by sega forver and sega them self and if they see srb2 on the app store STJR could get sud.
But SEGA is ok with fan games, as long as they're free, how else were we able to play srb2 without paying for it?

if it wasn't, then Sega would probably take it down

sonic omens got backlash from this as it had a paywall just to be able to see trailers and preveiws

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back