What if Sonic Robo Blast 2 had some new gametypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlasterGuy

A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
Hey Guys, What's Up? I just wanted to say that it would be nice if Sonic Robo Blast 2 had some new gametypes and those gametypes would be Duels, King of the Hill, Last Man Standing, Terminator, and Possession. I have been thinking about Sonic Robo Blast 2 having a few new gametypes ever since all of the Race Maps have been completely removed and those new gametypes can be way better than Race. As for you guys that have played Skulltag/Zandronum, you obviously already know what we do in Duels, King of the Hill, Last Man Standing, Terminator, and Possession. However, Duels, King of the Hill, and Last Man Standing can get their unique maps while Terminator and Possession can be played on the Match Levels (Just like Tag and Hide & Seek are). King of the Hill can have the Blue and Red Teams (Just like Capture the Flag does). Also, Last Man Standing can have both it's standard version of the gametype and the team (Team Last Man Standing) version of the gametype.

1. There are NO needs for other gametypes, Match and CTF are good, ring-throwing competitions, H&S is good for level memorization, Co-op is for playing the campaign with everyone, and race is good for speed-running. Also, That's WAY too much coding to make MORE team gametypes. 2: There is a topic where you can send all this to: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30800

Now I expect to see a bit more gametypes into Sonic Robo Blast 2 because it would make multiplayer even more fun and also, all of the Race Maps were completely deleted due to Race having Negative Reputation as I knew of.

Last edited:
Now I expect to see a bit more gametypes into Sonic Robo Blast 2 because it would make multiplayer even more fun and also, all of the Race Maps were completely deleted due to Race having Negative Reputation as I knew of.
Race has a bad reputation because Sonic was the most overpowered character, the co-op stages are much better, second, these gametypes might sound fun, but these are also badly designed for a doom-type game.

Terminator, Possession, Duels, King of the Hill, and Last Man Standing aren't badly designed for a doom-type game (especially if you are using Skulltag or Zandronum).

Last edited:
We actually had a King of the Hill custom map a long time ago. If I remember correctly it was actually pretty fun. Last Man Standing wouldn't be fun due to SRB2's mechanics and map design, Duels is kind of redundant considering you can just have two people duke it out in Meadow Match Zone.... don't know enough about Terminator and Possession to make a judgment.

Was that King of the Hill custom map from long time ago was in SRB2 or the regular Doom? BTW, Duels would be having it's unique maps (just like Skulltag/Zandronum does).

It was in SRB2, but I think it required an engine modification (I think it was Matt's? You could ask him.)

...Kart and TopDown for official vanilla gametypes, anyone?

I'd like to see more people start making custom gametypes through Lua modification. That's a currently unexplored territory that could provide for some really good mod ideas. I've been tossing around ideas for a gametype involving holding continuous enemy bouncing chains, but haven't developed much on it yet.

I'd like to see more people start making custom gametypes through Lua modification. That's a currently unexplored territory that could provide for some really good mod ideas. I've been tossing around ideas for a gametype involving holding continuous enemy bouncing chains, but haven't developed much on it yet.
Like bringing back chaos mode? I suggested Chaos Survival Mode a while ago...

Well, I wouldn't say that we can bring back Chaos Mode because we don't need Chaos Mode anymore.

We already have a suggestions thread for this kind of crap, please use it instead of posting your suggestions in a new thread (in the wrong forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back