CDSonic (Whispon Edit)

CDSonic (Whispon Edit) v1.7.1

the dynamic duo
srb20246.png

To reply to your "US music option works. Remember, "cdmusic" doesn't affect level music, unless its a boss level. It affects powerup music like invincibility, speed shoes, super, etc. "cdlevels" only has 1 option to reduce bloat" comment

Can you be more specific with this please like why does cdmusic only affects boss music and powerups music and not actually part of the cdlevels music also what's the point of adding US option if it's only used what for these specific things (like what if I want to listen to the US Soundtrack instead of JP), why not spilt the US and JP tracks into separate files, so don't have this type of problem.

To reply to your "US music option works. Remember, "cdmusic" doesn't affect level music, unless its a boss level. It affects powerup music like invincibility, speed shoes, super, etc. "cdlevels" only has 1 option to reduce bloat" comment

Can you be more specific with this please like why does cdmusic only affects boss music and powerups music and not actually part of the cdlevels music also what's the point of adding US option if it's only used what for these specific things (like what if I want to listen to the US Soundtrack instead of JP), why not spilt the US and JP tracks into separate files, so don't have this type of problem.
I made the decision on only having 1 version for the levels because a lot of the songs in Sonic CD don't really fit with SRB2's level themes without mixing and matching, for example Arid Canyon and Red Volcano off the top of my head. Coming up with two different versions of level themes, with 2 different variations for Act 1 and 2 is very time consuming and harder than it sounds as well as, as I mentioned, still fitting level themes. Making "cdmusic" and "cdlevels" creates a compromise by allowing the player to still be able to listen to US or JP soundtracks at the cost of not having 2 different level versions.

I made the decision on only having 1 version for the levels because a lot of the songs in Sonic CD don't really fit with SRB2's level themes without mixing and matching, for example Arid Canyon and Red Volcano off the top of my head. Coming up with two different versions of level themes, with 2 different variations for Act 1 and 2 is very time consuming and harder than it sounds as well as, as I mentioned, still fitting level themes.
Personally IMO, the US's tracks just genuinely fits more in SRB2 then JP's tracks also you can just do the Present or Past music for Act 1 and Good Future music for Act 2 as again IMO, none of the Bad Future music fits SRB2.

Making "cdmusic" and "cdlevels" creates a compromise by allowing the player to still be able to listen to US or JP soundtracks at the cost of not having 2 different level versions.
Welp, I understand that lol

Personally IMO, the US's tracks just genuinely fits more in SRB2 then JP's tracks also you can just do the Present or Past music for Act 1 and Good Future music for Act 2 as again IMO, none of the Bad Future music fits SRB2.

Welp, I understand that lol
Maybe I'll try experimenting with it and see if I can get something that works and fits

i will say this tho. S3Sonic Doesn't Behave As Much As CDSonic, Whenever I Turn Of Botskin For The Characters. I Press Spin. He Doesn't Duck Down With Me. Once I Spindash, He Finally Behaves. But He Doesn't Spindash Either. Weird Differences I Tell Ya...
Post automatically merged:

that's cute tho. seeing TA Tails Partner Up With CDSonic :3

WhisperVII updated CDSonic (Whispon Edit) with a new update entry:

Some Changes

- Due to a situation that I don't wanna get into, I have reverted CDSonic's A5 (facing away from camera) falling sprites to be his 2.1 counterparts.
- Made it so that the falling sprites now also behave as they did in 2.1
- Added a new console toggle "cdsparkles". This toggles on and off the sparkle effect that CDSonic has when bouncing off of a vertical/diagonal spring as some people have mention it can be distracting.
- Added a new chat command "chilidogs". This is just a little fun thing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

WhisperVII updated CDSonic (Whispon Edit) with a new update entry:

Momentum Fixing

- Added ACTUAL momentum support for XMomentum (or any other momentum mod that uses fakenormalspeed).
- Fixed a momentum mod based issue where charging the peelout would allow you to move around while still charging, thus breaking sprites.
- Made it so CDSonic can activate peelout using any movement direction.
--- Known bug regarding Peelout, pressing another, or the same, direction again while still charging the move will cause Peelout to begin charging again. This doesn't happen when CD has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back