OMG OMG OMG ITS ARID CANYON ZONE IN 1.1!! OMG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver said:
Kroze said:
... I hate you soooooooo much...

Your title is wrong, how would you know its 1.1?

SRB2Wiki's Article on Version1.1 said:
Arid Canyon Zone
Arid Canyon will be a mix of Mine Maze Zone and Rocky Mountain Zone. SSNTails held a contest for new textures for the zone. Although it is now closed, no winners have been officially announced. During the contest, suggestions were given for texture artists to make textures for rope-pulley materials and wooden structures. A small preview of the sky to be used was also shown in the contest topic. It has been confirmed that there will be Tumbleweeds that can be pushed around and thokked into like Gargoyles, but bounce and roll around. In addition, there will be falling rocks.

I liked the conveyor belt thingies though.

Awesome, I love the design of Arid Canyon Zone.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Ask Cue then. In the Staff Lounge, he was thinking of releasing some betas to selected people. You'll just have to follow a set of clues first.

As for the clues, I wonder if they are like a treasure hunt.

Kitsune said:
[*]When you kill the Drillakilla (or whatever the name is), some duck-like things come out
Uhh, That is not Drillakilla. That Be the Minus!
I managed to grab a screen.
Screen that would stretch the table
And for comparsion:
MNVSA1.png

OK this level defines what my expectations were for 1.1, great platforming, gimmicks and enemies.
I wonder how the other levels are getting along and will there be any other levels to appear in the ME?

Now THAT was epic, I loved the sky, the enemies, and the level design. I really can't wait to play this.

Up until this point I thought that we were going to see the same 1.1 preview till May. This looks great really.

If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that this level is more than anything I could imagine. And the enemies are just amazing. This already prooves how much SRB2ME is gonna be awesome...

May Edition definitely looks like it's been making strides, but my question is, will those be all the new enemies we'll see in Mega Edition? Even adding the canyon enemies to SRB2's current enemy roster, the variety still falls short to any one of the classic Sonic games.

Spazzo said:
It IS the minus. It's just not his minus.
Actually, you are only semi-right. SSN Tails PM'ed me about the sprites I used in SRB2 Christmas and I gave them to him.
First concact:
SSNTails said:
Hey Glaber!

Is there any chance I can get your updated Minus?
glaber said:
Shure thing. I already have both versions ready to go in a single resource wad. Before I upload it would you like the stuff for demo .96's Minus to be removed?
SSNTails said:
Doesn't matter, I can extract what I need. Thanks!

Oh and just to let you know This is a Drillakilla:
SARGA1.png
(Sprite unearthed from Christmas demo .96)
Both the Minus and Drillakilla got their names from the unlockable concept art and were used in SRB2 Christmas1094 and 2008

This is all a well crafted lie. I'm honestly not touching that video nor getting close to it.

Blue Warrior said:
May Edition definitely looks like it's been making strides, but my question is, will those be all the new enemies we'll see in Mega Edition? Even adding the canyon enemies to SRB2's current enemy roster, the variety still falls short to any one of the classic Sonic games.

Well, since it's been addressed in #'fun on various occasions, I see no reason not to say it here.

There are plenty of new enemies than Minus, or others you're seeing in that video. What the classic games boasted? No, not yet. But more? Definitely yes. You'll have some variety and options here, don't worry.

Great, that's really good news. I've said this already on the Youtube comments page, but I felt SRB2 was most lacking in the enemy department, and I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of seeing crawlas in every level and jettysyns being the only real threat around. A larger roster just might get me more into single player levels.

This really blew me away. I liked seeing the falling rocks, rope pulleys, sector-based cacti, sky, textures, tumble weeds, and some interesting new enemies. Arid Canyon Zone looks ten times more fun than I imagined it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back