OMG OMG OMG ITS ARID CANYON ZONE IN 1.1!! OMG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Deton going to be booted out? I don't like an enemy you can't kill without taking damage. Damn pacifist Orbinauts.

Kitsune said:
[*]Tumbleweeds are...kickable? Reminds me of soccer.

I hope nobody makes a soccer mode when 1.1 comes out.

Blue Warrior said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tumbleweeds4all

Who th-

I think it's a coinicidence that the only video is the new vid.. which has a tumbleweed.

WAAAH!! For a while there, I was waiting patiently for SRB2ME. Now the desire to play this level is driving me insane!

Blue Warrior said:
Technically, you can kill it by making it run into a wall.

And if you're really skilled, you can trick it into killing off another bot. Same for the Jetty-syns.

Honestly, what I expect is not a simple crawla reskin.
The thing SRB2 mostly needs are different obstacles, be it gimmicks, enemies, etc. Different behaviours for enemies, different bosses.
The rope pulleys seem to be a pretty interesting hurdle, but I believe that after a while it might get dull unless you add some stuff, such as avoiding lasers while jumping from rope to rope. See, that is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Fresh and challenging gimmicks. Maybe add a twist on existing gimmicks.
The player needs hurdles, and clearing them should be an experience the player shouldn't feel that repeats several times in different levels under a new guise or sprite.

Or maybe those spiky disks-like could do the trick...
In either way, Arf's right. Even though it's new and it looks cool, it isn't much fun to just get taken by one of those and then jump to another one to come to the end like that. It could be like that at the beggining, but then put the disks after. Also lazers doesn't fit well in a canyon, but it's just my point of view though...

As far as I can see the level is perfect, except for one thing, at 1:32 into the video sonic starts running through a hallway, and every time sonic runs on one of the cracks a huge piece of rock rises up fast from the ground to crush sonic into the roof, but I don't think the rock pillars rise fast enough, because from looking at the video, if you just hold the run button, you can practically get through the whole thing without even knowing that anything's happening, which wastes a good gimmick.

If you make the pillars rise faster, you'll notice that sonic's constantly being raised by pillars to the roof, players will notice it as another good feature of the level and it'll give a sense of panic and difficulty rather then just being able to run through the hallway without basically seeing the pillars rise at all, which is all I can see in the video.

Still, one thing puzzles me.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
SRB2ME is almost out anyway, so at least you now get to see the second coolest level in the game.

Second coolest? If that's second, I can only wonder what first is...

I have seen the video. It's just 1.1 hype. Is hype actually all that important?

In the event that it's actually a scavenger hunt of some sort (which I doubt), the entire point of a scavenger hunt is that it's hidden. Having a clue being stickied is most certainly not hidden.

Yes, BZ4. There really is no scavenger hunt. We have no reason to make one. If you don't trust us now, I don't know what will make you change your mind.

Spazzo was just doing it as a joke, really.

I think CZ was the first one to mention it, actually. I ended up with a load of messages after. :(

LIES!

BZ4, don't listen to a word they say... there is one going on.
DW and Spazzo were the ones to point me on the way to the most recent clue! An early copy of SRB2ME is almost mine!
They are just trying to screw with your head so they don't have to give out more copies of SRB2ME since they didn't think people would actually be able to do the Scavenger Hunt.

Thats right guys! I am opening the floodgates here and exposing your little misdirection plan! SUCK IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back