it makes your boost go down two times slower than normally which can be useful in moments when there's no rings or enemies that you can use to gain energy.
While this is a really cool and niche technique since release (this has been known for a LONG time >:3), this is technically patched in v6 as drifting allows MUCH tighter turns. The new drifting also forces you to move towards the direction you're drifting in, making it nearly impossible to do without frame-by-frame precision. Not that it matters anymore as drifting slows the bar much better than v5, and even gives boost when used during normal running!

Does this mean advanced tech and silliness is gone? NOOOO! :3

There's still a lot of cool precise stuff that hasn't been revealed yet, but I think this speedrun is summative enough! Thanks Spork! >w<
srb20780.gif

Putting it simply, v6 is heavily combo/flow focused. It's more about keeping a smooth flow, constantly moving, and using the environment around you to maintain Rush Mode. You can still go extremely fast, but it's more incentivized to keep a combo (and a feature very much promotes this >w<)

I think that's enough for the day, byeeeeee!!!!

While this is a really cool and niche technique since release (this has been known for a LONG time >:3), this is technically patched in v6 as drifting allows MUCH tighter turns. The new drifting also forces you to move towards the direction you're drifting in, making it nearly impossible to do without frame-by-frame precision. Not that it matters anymore as drifting slows the bar much better than v5, and even gives boost when used during normal running!

There's still a lot of cool precise stuff that hasn't been revealed yet, but I think this speedrun is summative enough! Thanks Spork! >w<
srb20780.gif

Putting it simply, v6 is heavily combo/flow focused. It's more about keeping a smooth flow, constantly moving, and using the environment around you to maintain Rush Mode. You can still go extremely fast, but it's more incentivized to keep a combo (and a feature very much promotes this >w<)

I thought the wall jump was removed? ( Glad it's not )

srb20780.gif

Sweet mother of Jesus, the revamped colors hud and new tricks are so beautiful

srb20780.gif

I think the feature that promotes this was the combo chain that was revealed very early in this thread. I may be wrong tho.

srb20780.gif

I love that you can now move with the stomp in this version!

srb20780.gif

is it just me or do i see new boost sprites also nice new fall animations and frontiers drift this is gona be the biggest update no wonder why it took so long

srb20780.gif

my only complaint with this is the fact that the hummer top animation doesnt get cancelled out when bouncing off of a enemy, it doesnt feel right and doesnt look smooth. just a suggestion but maybe when bouncing off of enemies instead of continuing the animation it goes into the spring animation but with an indicator that shows that you can still bounce off of enemies?

my only complaint with this is the fact that the hummer top animation doesnt get cancelled out when bouncing off of a enemy, it doesnt feel right and doesnt look smooth. just a suggestion but maybe when bouncing off of enemies instead of continuing the animation it goes into the spring animation but with an indicator that shows that you can still bounce off of enemies?
It doesn’t cancel because it’d look SUPER weird if he wasn’t spinning. The humming top has custom gravity that makes you fall significantly slower, and it’d look kinda weird if you had the springing animation while going up, it’s just a little too flow-breaking visually.

Keeping the animation makes it as easy as possible to communicate to the player that bouncing off enemies keeps the humming top. Less is infinitely more when it comes to visuals. Adding unnecessary flair just wastes code and space in the mod.

I do appreciate the criticism, thank you and byeeee! >w<

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 11, Members: 2, Guests: 9)

Back